Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Is European Delivery a "Go" or not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:52 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I suspect what is going on is this. Ms. Gabrielle MacFarland was the PCNA ED representative. They let her go not to long ago. Thus, someone else has picked up her responsibilities in Atlanta which is an additional chore for them. In short--they probably don't want to bother, but make a federal case of it and they will back down. Most dealerships just don't want to do the work of looking into it. There is not a lot for them to do, really. It's quite simple. And I HIGHLY suggest that you go for it! Also, look into your own insurance company in the states to see if they can handle underwriting you for any period of time beyond the 2 weeks that Porsche includes in their ED fee. If you let Porsche secure the 2nd party insurer it is very expensive--easily twice what it should be. Best of luck, and enjoy!
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:07 AM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by otisdog
This is a verbatim response I received on 10/22 from PCNA when I asked about Euro delivery because a local dealer refused to participate in the program-
"The European Delivery is available, though only on a Limited time basis. The dealerships are responsible for ordering and details associated with the program. If we can be of any assistance to you in obtaining contact information for a different dealership, please feel free to contact us..."
Now that is far beyond ridiculous if a dealership is "TOO LAZY" to get a customer of theirs Euro Delivery. Why wouldn't they in the first place except to make a customer happy and going that extra inch to satisfy an individual.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:45 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Now that is far beyond ridiculous if a dealership is "TOO LAZY" to get a customer of theirs Euro Delivery. Why wouldn't they in the first place except to make a customer happy and going that extra inch to satisfy an individual.
FYI, it is and always was at the dealers discretion to participate in E delivery or not. They also can cherry pick which cars the are going to do and which not. Laid out in the franchise agreement.........same with over sticker sellin..........PCNA don't have much to say in the matter, and no they are not in a allocation cutting mood right now, they are in dealer survival mode. Find a dealer that is willing and that will that.

As far as I am concerned in all my years at selling I did a grand total of one and after that I dropped it like the Pacman dropped Cotto on saturday night. Way to much work for all the babysitting for minimal money, not my cup of tea. Better turn it to another salesperson , usually the ones who sell 2/3 cars a month and talk brake calipers or other associated nonsense with customers for hours and hours, they can deal with all the BS and you still get half of the dough.

BTW, making a client happy and satisfiying are two different kettle of fish, I let you figure out which ain't making $$$ of the two. The car biz is a today and maybe a tommorow business, fact . Loyal customers are as rare as strippers without big ****.............they don't give a rats *** about who sells them as long they get the best deal or gets them a hard to get ride sooner than the next guy.

Quick Reply: Is European Delivery a "Go" or not?