Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS allocation: mooty needs data and help

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
thank you for everyone's data, comments and help.
many ppl are involved now. and i have faith in the brand and hopefully all will turn out well.

it's very difficult to explain the feeling when you see a product make "for you" and yet you cannot have it......
Mooty, Buy Leif997's car and leave it with Alex for 4-5 weeks!!! Life will be good!!
Old 11-09-2009, 06:28 PM
sfbimmer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i too have bought my last 5 cars in the past 4yrs from this same dealership...not quite on the same level as mooty, but nevertheless, have always treated them (dealership) as the go-to 1st option when i've been in the market.

this really shocks me with how they are treating him in this situation and it so short-sighted. they aren't taking into consideration this guy's loyalty, track-history (14 cars!), future deals, or even the fact that these same cars usually get sold/traded back to their own dealership to be transacted again! case in point is my brother's current 6gt, mooty has owned it not once, but TWICE, and both resales have been through them! so, rather than taking the opportunity to help one of their biggest proponents and best customers, they are trying to scrape as much as they can???... pathetic .

i know mooty personally and i know his loyalty to this dealership; hell, that's how i started getting cars from these guys is because of him. but i'm going to have to think this over again... the outcome of this will be very telling of how i will choose to continue my relationship with them.

-patrick

Last edited by sfbimmer; 11-09-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:02 PM
SDGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Mooty, I ordered my RS at MSRP. I was very aggressive at calling when they made the decision to build them and put deposits on 3 at MSRP. I took the order from my dealer that I have purchased many cars from. They were great to deal with and totally straight up with me. I gave a friend another allocation that I have confirmed in writing from another dealer and I still have one more allocation also confrimed in writing that is still pending for an allocation. I am also receiveing calls from many of the dealers that I tried initially and they are looking to get a bidding war started by testing the waters with "Market Price". I have talked with several members about my allocation which I will probably give away once the other order is confirmed. I am not sure how that will work as I have deposits on all the cars and the dealers may not be able to tranfer the allocation. I welcome feedback as to how to do it without taking delivery and paying tax twice.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:45 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

I welcome feedback as to how to do it without taking delivery and paying tax twice.
You are stuck with the tax unless your dealer will assign to another buyer.
A finders fee is possible if the dealer will give your allocation to your "buddy", or put the title in "your" company name. Some people have companies in states where there is no sales tax, like Montana.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:14 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,657 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by SDGT3
Mooty, I ordered my RS at MSRP. I was very aggressive at calling when they made the decision to build them and put deposits on 3 at MSRP. I took the order from my dealer that I have purchased many cars from. They were great to deal with and totally straight up with me. I gave a friend another allocation that I have confirmed in writing from another dealer and I still have one more allocation also confrimed in writing that is still pending for an allocation. I am also receiveing calls from many of the dealers that I tried initially and they are looking to get a bidding war started by testing the waters with "Market Price". I have talked with several members about my allocation which I will probably give away once the other order is confirmed. I am not sure how that will work as I have deposits on all the cars and the dealers may not be able to tranfer the allocation. I welcome feedback as to how to do it without taking delivery and paying tax twice.
thx for the offer.
but it's very hard in CA to not pay tax 2x in your situation.

Quick Reply: RS allocation: mooty needs data and help