Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

RS allocation: mooty needs data and help

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 11:14 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

I had an RS allocation at 5k below msrp but then I woke up : (. If Mooty did that kinda business with me I would go thru circles to maintain " you win, I win" relationship. That blows having done so much business with them. Mike
Old 11-07-2009, 11:18 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,657 Likes on 2,325 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcourt
I have April Build @ 1K under MSRP to my exact spec.
Hoffman Porsche in East Hartford CT. I too have bought a lot of cars for them, hence the token discount.
great. you have a good dealer
i only bought 17 porsches, 3 audis, 2 VW's from said dealer since 2002. i need to buy more i suppose.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:20 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by malmasri
Worth noting: I got a call from a dealer that I have purchased some cars from...He said they will have the First RS this side of the Atlantic and guess what it is available at market value (not MSRP)...so here you go.
BTW: I said thanks.but if you want it I can give you the contact person's #.
thx, but at this point i am only interested in msrp or discounted cars. it's a matter of principle at this point.

Last edited by mooty; 11-08-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:21 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by savyboy
I sat with Hurley for dinner Wednesday night and asked him if he had an RS "list". He replied yes, one as long as his arm. So his dealership won't be able to help with an actual allocation.

Oh, and FWIW he said his money would go not to an RS but to the new turbo...food for thought.
cool, you think my dealer would sell me the new turbo at invoice
Old 11-08-2009, 12:25 AM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jpcourt
I have April Build @ 1K under MSRP to my exact spec.
Hoffman Porsche in East Hartford CT. I too have bought a lot of cars for them, hence the token discount.
wow, 1k under? that's a great dealership....they actually know how to do business

good luck mooty... i hear ur pain
Old 11-08-2009, 01:50 AM
CoGT3
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Try giving Scott Boyd a call at Reeve's Porsche in Tampa. Straight forward, no BS kind of guy. Got me my 07 GT3 at less than MSRP, ordered to my specs. This was at the same time most other Florida dealers were selling for 10-20K over MSRP.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:32 AM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mooty
cool, you think my dealer would sell me the new turbo at invoice
Well, based upon what has transpired in your situation, I would tell "your dealer" to F off for life Seriously, he looked at you, saw only a (unwilling) pile of cash and told you to take a hike, yes? Let's call it straight up.

This is almost like battered wife syndrome: Your dealer just financially punched you in the face with brass knuckles on, and here you are trying to ignore that and negotiate an ongoing relationship.

If the economy remains weak or we get a double dip, you may well be able to negotiate a good deal on a 2010 Turbo, and it is a phenomenal car, PDK, dynamic mounts, Torque Vectoring, etc.

Furthermore, the new Boxster Spyder is a hugely compelling value proposition- add to it Ti FVD Brombacher exhaust system from Rhonda, and some AMT Forged Alloys at ~15lbs front and ~18lbs rear and you have an incredible toy. And save a big ole' wad of cash too.

Seriously, if the RS is not to be, there are some superb alternatives. Keep an open mind. I am!

Regardless, I do wish you the best in how this all turns out!
Old 11-08-2009, 11:41 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Barrier, Bellevue Wa. MSRP only
John: Fu@k them. Tell them you will never buy another car from them. You must account for at least 2 jobs at that dealer. I would also encourage other RL folks in you area to support you and all go to other dealers. Of course it is our fault for agreeing to pay over to begin with.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:14 PM
bob_dallas
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree - very short sighted and greedy of them. They are on a power trip and think they have you over a barrel on the RS. Greed and lack of ethics never ceases to amaze me. I'd go to the GM or owner and if they support this them be completely done with the dealership and post details on here for all to witness. There has to be some accountability for their actions.
Old 11-08-2009, 02:25 PM
rahul
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While not specific to mooty's situation, those that have been legally wronged should pursue remedy under law. In Texas and most states, there are consumer protection statutes dealing with such situations. See what that does to their bottom line....lol!
Old 11-08-2009, 02:54 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

They are not legally wronged without a written signed contract for car at msrp.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:12 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

John, Redwood City?
Old 11-08-2009, 03:19 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by roberga
Barrier, Bellevue Wa. MSRP only
John: Fu@k them. Tell them you will never buy another car from them. You must account for at least 2 jobs at that dealer. I would also encourage other RL folks in you area to support you and all go to other dealers. Of course it is our fault for agreeing to pay over to begin with.
it's not simply a matter of paying over msrp. they can charge what they want. i can always say "no".
i understand profit. that's not the issue.

i expressed to the mgmt that i am not interested in paying "mkt price". i am calling in a favor today for a car at msrp. when your friends call in a favor, the answer should either be YES or NO. not a bunch of explanations.

yes, it's a somewhat rare car. that's why i called in a favor. if it's a MASS produced accord, i wont be calling in a favor. i would just walk down the street and buy one.

and if i were to pay a premium then i dont need to have any loyalty. frankly i can call ANY dealer in USA right now and offer them 30k over, i will get a car before you finish reading this sentence. why would i spend 9 years cultivating a loyal relationship.

let me repeat. EVERY ONE of my 17 porsches came through this SINGLE DEALER. i just been told this loyalty is not worth the premium they have to give up???

the issue is i was quoted a higher premium than joe blow off the street!

the issue is that they cannot tell me how many RS they need to get before i get one at msrp. they can tell me if they get 500 RS, the #501 is msrp for me. then i would shut up. but why can't they tell me how many car they must get before i get msrp car? they said they dont have enough cars, then pls tell me how many cars is enough cars. i need a hard number and i can wait for it, be it 2020 or 2040 model year.

the issue is that every time i talk to them, the premium amount changes... it drops. so maybe tomorrow i can get it at msrp. i dont know. but i am hopeful.

i work
i buy a car
i go drive the **** out of it
i dont have time to play games.

an yes, not just RL in my area, the entire PCA golden gate region, diablo region, PRC, POC will hear me chatting about this incident at every happy hour, every bench racing session and every club race.

Last edited by mooty; 11-08-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:21 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
They are not legally wronged without a written signed contract for car at msrp.
i never said they wronged me legally. if they did, i would have tied them up in court by now and they wont be selling any cars.

i just wanted to prove to them that the RS is a MSRP car and that i was disappointed that customer loyalty means nothing in the car business. in my line of work, if i have an investor who's this loyal to company, i would sell my first born for him or take a few bullets for him.

let's just say that i know when someone ram a large ***** up my rear end, regardless of how much lubricant they cover it with...

Last edited by mooty; 11-08-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:42 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

they figured you would pay the price. That is the issue with the market adjustment. Someone puts a deposit down and the next thing they know the dealer "does not get all their allocation" when in reality they got snaked.

Quick Reply: RS allocation: mooty needs data and help