Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Option - Full Black Leather 997.1

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 01:57 AM
optionpunk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Option - Full Black Leather 997.1

Just looking for some clarity on the Full Black Leather option on the 07 GT3. What exactly ends up being leather as it seems that the seats are still partially alcantara? I would have expected all leather seats but clearly I'm missing something here. Thanks.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:16 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by optionpunk
Just looking for some clarity on the Full Black Leather option on the 07 GT3. What exactly ends up being leather as it seems that the seats are still partially alcantara? I would have expected all leather seats but clearly I'm missing something here. Thanks.
Check the diagram at the front of the order guide for the specifics. The seats remain Alcantara (as do all existing Alcantara surfaces.) The leather is on the dash and doors. I think it really goes a long way to justifying the quality of the cabin of a $110K+ car, but it's pretty pricy.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:26 AM
optionpunk
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Carrera GT - I've seen some negative discussion revolving around "Porsche vinyl" and was hoping to avoid as much as possible. You're right - vinyl just doesn't seem to belong on a $110k car.
Old 11-07-2009, 10:14 AM
Boxster Coupe GTS
Racer

Received 64 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Porsche 997 GT3: Full Leather option... (MY08)

Porsche 997 GT3: Full Leather option... (MY08)

"As standard interior but with the following additional features in leather: A-pillar/windscreen top trim, B-pillar trim, C-pillar trim, dashboard forward section including airbag cover, dashboard upper/lower sections including instrument shroud and glove compartment cover, door upper panels including head airbag covers, centre console side trim panels, rear side panels. All leather features are in smooth-finish leather. Additional features in Alcantara, door handle facings, door centre panels, door storage compartment lids, centre console main storage compartment lid."

2008-Porsche-911-GT3-Pricelist_Link

...also agree that it makes a significant difference to the quality of the interior!

Quick Reply: Option - Full Black Leather 997.1