Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

My 2010 GT3 RS Order placed today!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 12:50 PM
Born2Run
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know we are talking about the GT3RS allocations, but is that 3rd week in November also applying to the 2010 GT3? I'm waiting for my allocation and my dealer is saying sometime in November.
Old 11-05-2009, 10:50 PM
malmasri
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Born2Run
I know we are talking about the GT3RS allocations, but is that 3rd week in November also applying to the 2010 GT3? I'm waiting for my allocation and my dealer is saying sometime in November.
Late November is the time when most dealers get their 2nd half year allocation.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:03 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 182 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm jealous!...ha ha...congrats to all of you that have a RS on order! I can't wait to see the car in person...at a DE!
Old 11-06-2009, 12:10 AM
NeverFastEnough
Advanced

I was just at my local dealer as well and no allocations yet.

As far as his rep knows, since there has been no official release as to whether the the US spec will have the roll cage, plastic rear window, door pulls, etc; there has been no official DOT approval (or whatever US gov department has to grant these cars legal access to the US market...NHTSA??).

Even the November date for allocations seems speculative at best. Porsche is very tight lipped on their "offical" stance on this so who really knows .

So are some customers just "putting in orders" with their dealers hoping that DOT(/NHTSA) approval is pending or has PCNA really given out allocations and only a few dealers know about it. This would not make sense as I am sure ALL dealers in the US are chomping at the bit for allocations knowing they will sell every one they get. Why would PCNA tell some dealers one thing, and then others something totally different?

Last edited by NeverFastEnough; 11-06-2009 at 12:25 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:10 AM
A430v
Racer

Originally Posted by NeverFastEnough

As far as his rep knows, since there has been no official release as to whether the the US spec will have the roll cage, plastic rear window, door pulls, etc; there has been no official DOT approval (or whatever US gov department has to grant these cars legal access to the US market...NHTSA??).

Even the November date for allocations seems speculative at best. Porsche is very tight lipped on their "offical" stance on this so who really knows .

So are some customers just "putting in orders" with their dealers hoping that DOT(/NHTSA) approval is pending or has PCNA really given out allocations and only a few dealers know about it. This would not make sense as I am sure ALL dealers in the US are chomping at the bit for allocations knowing they will sell every one they get. Why would PCNA tell some dealers one thing, and then others something totally different?
The Porsche dealer system has the allocations - confirmed by one or two members here who posted their pro-forma invoices, which means for sure they have an ordered car...

I have my order too and actual order #... Let's just hope DOT does not screw us with the goodies - which they normally will. <Sigh>
Old 11-06-2009, 12:17 PM
atleung
Instructor

I placed my order a couple of days ago. It is in the system. I have an order reference number. Was told it will be a January build. But was also told that the actually delivery date would depend on at least a couple of things, such as DoT approval and whether there is an official launch date.

As excited as we all are about the RS, I tend to think to most dealers, this is not at the top of their priority list. Even if they charge a mark up, they would get so few that we are not talking real money here. For my dealer, they said they got two allocations--mine and a May build. Meanwhile that have more than 15 Panameras on order. Most if not all of them are more $$$ than my RS.

Originally Posted by NeverFastEnough

Old 11-06-2009, 12:25 PM
flash1034
Pro

My dealer just told me my build got pushed back to January as some of the options I picked are not available yet.

Flash

Quick Reply: My 2010 GT3 RS Order placed today!