Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT2 & Koenigsegg crash in NYC?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 12:02 AM
LuftKopf
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GT2 & Koenigsegg crash in NYC?

anyone know which dealer had these cars?
Says it happened today.

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/10...ed-koenigsegg/

Last edited by LuftKopf; 10-22-2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 AM
MartyB
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like he just took the GT2 out for a spin - no mention of it being crashed.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:42 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pretty sure they mean that he collected a GT2 with his crash. That is one big fuc*ing blunder
Old 10-22-2009, 03:02 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Universal Autosports in Glen Cove.. I remember the day when it happened, they were suppose to be going to a show and was on a little run with some car's, and well never showed up! I think this car and a GT2 hit each other at some point! This happened a while ago btw..

http://www.universalautosports.com/
Old 10-22-2009, 06:43 PM
PramTT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Accident???? Yeah right . . .

Insurance scam . . . . . . more likely. Can't sell the car . . . collect the money
Old 10-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PramTT

Insurance scam . . . . . . more likely. Can't sell the car . . . collect the money
Not likely. Insurance for "events" runs to the tune of 3% of value and the pay-out is agreed as low as 50% of market value. I checked with some insurers about tracking or infrequent driving of a Carrera GT. They all considered most of these "portfolio investment" cars to be always open to sale at market value and they investigate every claim as a matter of policy, so fraud is just never going to pan out.

If a given owner can afford a car with a price in terms of a quarter or a half or millions of dollars, they don't risk going behind bars for an insurance fraud that might net a few dollars more than a wholesale disposal.

Just watch the "Top Gear" (YouTube) reviews of the K-segg, et al. These cars are insanely difficult to drive. Some fool made a huge mistake and should be lucky not to be dead or behind bars for killing someone else.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:28 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by PramTT

Wrong.

Car was privately owned and kept at the dealer, since they were the first and only Koenigsegg dealer.. They used it to draw people in and even had it "for sale" but it wasn't actually for sale. The owner of the car had close relations with the dealer, let them take it all over, drive it , etc.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:33 PM
BuzzedHornet
Track Day

I heard that a number of ex Ferrari of LI guys opened Universal Auto Sports after the death of the founder of Ferrari of LI. From everything I have heard (I know someone who helped open the dealership and still works behind the scenes there) they are about as good as a dealer can get. So I would not believe for a second this was any kind of scam. Based on everything I have heard about them I would not hesitate to buy a car from them site unseen and have it shipped back to Seattle. Of course I would ask Martin to check it out for me first =)
Old 10-24-2009, 02:57 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
I heard that a number of ex Ferrari of LI guys opened Universal Auto Sports after the death of the founder of Ferrari of LI. From everything I have heard (I know someone who helped open the dealership and still works behind the scenes there) they are about as good as a dealer can get. So I would not believe for a second this was any kind of scam. Based on everything I have heard about them I would not hesitate to buy a car from them site unseen and have it shipped back to Seattle. Of course I would ask Martin to check it out for me first =)
Precisely on the money I have been there tons of times, met the owners, and know the whole industry well.. They are pretty good people, there was a bunch of BS with covering up the crash and lying about it but overall that's the worst thing I have heard of them doing, which is a good thing.

They have a stout inventory, always. Great service department as well from what I hear! I'll check anything out whenever you ask

Quick Reply: GT2 & Koenigsegg crash in NYC?