Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

07 GT3 RS For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 05:06 AM
CoRS
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
Have him put his ideas on paper and I will forward it to a TV producer friend of mine. He is currently pitching a reality show to a couple cable channels. This is a great idea for a show on HD Theater. They seem to be the car enthusiast channel now that Speed is owned by NASCAR.

I sure hope I can find an example as nice as your car when I am ready to buy next year. I have heard of dropping a few dollars on a detail before putting a car or sale but never $4k. Personally I take that as a indication of how well you keep the entire car maintained! If you could talk your wife into keeping it for 6 months, I will pay asking + storage fees to put the plastic back on her and hold her for me =)
Thanks, I will get him to follow up on it!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 AM
99D3C2
Instructor

as Carrera GT stated they are not that unique any more. it is not mine, just a picture i found many years ago when i joined rennlist.

the RS is amazing but slightly out of reach at the moment. somebody will be very happy!!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:05 AM
CoRS
Instructor

Originally Posted by 99D3C2
as Carrera GT stated they are not that unique any more. it is not mine, just a picture i found many years ago when i joined rennlist.

the RS is amazing but slightly out of reach at the moment. somebody will be very happy!!
Thanks, for sure new owner will be getting an amazing car.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:47 PM
CoRS
Instructor

Ok, It's done, posted on Ebay. Really wish a Rennlister would have bought it. I would have felt a lot better about my loss.
Old 11-04-2009, 02:26 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OMG. I just read the description on eBay... and that is some freakin' sweet machine.

I wish the plate that I ate breakfast off of was as clean as that car!

What a sweet deal.

GL.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:32 PM
CoRS
Instructor

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
OMG. I just read the description on eBay... and that is some freakin' sweet machine.

I wish the plate that I ate breakfast off of was as clean as that car!

What a sweet deal.

GL.
Thanks for the bump and the compliments. As a couple of Rennlisters can attest to, the car is beautifil and looks as new. My only wish is that someone from this forum would have bought it and saved me the grief of dealing with the multitude of ******* that have filled my inbox with nonsense. Thank God for creating wine!
Old 11-04-2009, 08:49 PM
agu845
Intermediate

wish i could help you out there, but I'd end up sleeping in it, per the wife. 6gt3 more in my allowed budget.. glws
Old 11-04-2009, 08:52 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Your car is beautiful. It is a great example and very fairly priced. GL with the sale.

On an unrelated point, tho, I think this goes to show that one should spec their car they way they want it without overly factoring in options that will "help" with resale. That is, the resale market is an unknowable. This car should be jumped at by the enthusiast community - known owner, well cared for car, excess value included, and priced right. It ends up on eBay. The only point here is not to worry about the used car market when you buy/spec as it is impossible to fore-know the market.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:54 PM
CoRS
Instructor

Originally Posted by agu845
wish i could help you out there, but I'd end up sleeping in it, per the wife. 6gt3 more in my allowed budget.. glws
Thanks, and that is reason I am selling. I have blown the budget (car, household,401K,etc) on this one car and have to keep her happy. Thanks for moral support though. I'll have another sip!
Old 11-04-2009, 09:04 PM
CoRS
Instructor

Originally Posted by cello
Your car is beautiful. It is a great example and very fairly priced. GL with the sale.

On an unrelated point, tho, I think this goes to show that one should spec their car they way they want it without overly factoring in options that will "help" with resale. That is, the resale market is an unknowable. This car should be jumped at by the enthusiast community - known owner, well cared for car, excess value included, and priced right. It ends up on eBay. The only point here is not to worry about the used car market when you buy/spec as it is impossible to fore-know the market.
Cello
Very well said. For the very same reasons why this car should already be sold is why I bought the car. There is easily over $25k additional invested as well as known history. I've given up trying to figure the used car market out. For those spec'ing their car, order what you want and forget about resale market.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:18 PM
99D3C2
Instructor

if the market was as it was in summer '07 it would already be mine. sadly for all of us, it is not. and damn do i want it too......
Old 11-05-2009, 01:25 AM
cfjan
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 9 Posts

Probably a dumb question: But I wonder if you would have an easier time selling it if you just take the car to a car wash and then list the car for $4000 less??

No doubt the detailing job was outstanding, though.. amazing!

Good luck w/ the sale!!
Old 11-05-2009, 06:40 AM
CoRS
Instructor

Originally Posted by cfjan
Probably a dumb question: But I wonder if you would have an easier time selling it if you just take the car to a car wash and then list the car for $4000 less??

No doubt the detailing job was outstanding, though.. amazing!

Good luck w/ the sale!!
I did the detailing for me, not just to make the car pretty for resale. I had planned on doing it whether I decided to sell the car nor not. In reality, the cost of detailing is not figured into my sales price.
Old 11-05-2009, 08:51 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

I think in this market you can stand out with a car that is OBVIOUSLY like new. Others might be but you can not see much because of the grime and dirt under the car.

I've seen the car in person and there is no need to go look at this car, you won't find a scratch.
Just get the Porsche Inspection and be done.

I need to get rid of my GT3 and I will go talk to me dealer next week to service my car for the annual service and to see if they will work a deal to trade my car and get me in this RS.

I would go this wekend, but I am doing a track event.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:06 AM
CoRS
Instructor

Peter, thanks for the kind words. I just removed Ebay listing, I dont have the patience to deal with the mindless and frivolous questions. I'd rather take less from knowledgeable, appeciative buyer.Or maybe I'm just trying to scam my way into keepind car a bit longer

Quick Reply: 07 GT3 RS For Sale