Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

GT3 RS 75K with 22 K miles scam, salvage??

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
LPM911
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

auto trader is most definitely the fake. the pictures are in front of checkered flag porsche dealership in VA Beach.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:50 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts
Default rs scam

i got an email from the seller (scammer).

here is what was wrote by toblecan@aol.com:

Hello,

Thanks for your reply, I'm looking to sell the car for $75,000. It has a clear title and the overall condition is excellent there are no dings, scratches or any kind of damage on the body also the interior is like new no rips, tears or smells (I'm a non-smoker). I had a buyer offering $76,500 and I've lost about 2 weeks waiting for him to pay just to find out in the end that his loan wasn't approved. I've lowered the price because I'm in desperate need of cash it's either the car or the house so if you don't need a loan you can have it.
I'm currently signed up for a protection program offered by Yahoo! Autos and I would like to close the deal through them. If you are not aware of this program you should know that it will allow you to test drive and inspect the car before paying me. You will have a 7-day inspection period to decide whether you want to keep the car or not before they release the funds to me.
If you are still interested and have cash just send me your Yahoo! Autos id (if you don't have one just go to http://autos.yahoo.com/ and click the sign up link from the top right corner) and I'll ask them to fill you in with the transaction details.

Look forward hearing from you.
James Carlton
Old 10-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Asquared
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 39 Posts

We received the exact same e-mail as tcsracing1. We asked for the VIN, and the "seller" responded with 3108 (Nugget clearly knows the RS universe).

Should we bother replying with the current ad for the same car for sale in VA?

Quick Reply: GT3 RS 75K with 22 K miles scam, salvage??