Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Cars and Coffee, Irvine, CA

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:43 PM
CarreraGT3RSR
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cars and Coffee, Irvine, CA

I'm sure many of you in the southern California area have been to this incredible show that occurs every Saturday morning at the old PAG/Mazda parking lot. Does anyone know of an organized show of force with 997 GT3s at this show? It would be sweet to have 10-20 GT3s show up. Would be easy to do. Anybody interested?
Old 09-29-2009, 06:45 PM
jimxyz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I close on the GT3 that I am hoping to buy, count me in - otherwise I'll come as a bystander. C&C has become a bit watered down over the years, lots of basically stock daily driver cars and not nearly as many rare and exotic rides - not like the old crystal cove days. But, like Costco, the selection changes every week and almost every hour (the cars at 6 am are generally different than the cars at 8 am). Another show that still has a good turnout is the Sunday show up in Woodland Hills. The last Sunday of the month especially - at http://www.villagecoffeeroaster.com/ and the best part is you can cruise down Mulholland to Malibu afterwards.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:21 PM
chardonet
Racer

Count me in! I am local, so can make it anytime you plan this event.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:37 PM
wilfred
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jimxyz
If I close on the GT3 that I am hoping to buy, count me in - otherwise I'll come as a bystander. C&C has become a bit watered down over the years, lots of basically stock daily driver cars and not nearly as many rare and exotic rides - not like the old crystal cove days. But, like Costco, the selection changes every week and almost every hour (the cars at 6 am are generally different than the cars at 8 am). Another show that still has a good turnout is the Sunday show up in Woodland Hills. The last Sunday of the month especially - at http://www.villagecoffeeroaster.com/ and the best part is you can cruise down Mulholland to Malibu afterwards.
That's because the funny money days are gone... Although there are much less exotics nowadays, I find lots of interesting cars to look at. As much as I love hearing the Carrera GT, when I used to see 3, 4 or even 5 of them in one day and they all look alike, it's not that interesting anymore.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:49 PM
JEllis
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

We did a Renntrack.com sponsored Porsche event at C&C a couple months ago. We had about 80 Porsche's in attendance. About half of them were GT3's, GT2's, and Carrera GT's.

The guy that runs the event was awesome to work with and even saved us the spaces and made signs for us!

Jason
Old 09-29-2009, 09:06 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If anyone is interested we can put together another event like the one we had in August.

Here is a great video clip off all the cars. Over 80 porsche showed up, including two 997.2 GT3's

Cars & Coffe Video 08/08/09

Pm me if you are interested and we can have another great event.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:29 AM
jimxyz
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wilfred - good point. I still go pretty much every week, with or without the kids, its always fun.

My prospective car is getting a PPI tomorrow, so count me in if all goes well... (any feedback on NB Porsche for PPI or service?)
Old 10-01-2009, 06:45 PM
CarreraGT3RSR
Track Day

Do you think we need to go through "official" channels or just show up early? Off topic, anyone going to Laguna Seca next week for the ALMS final? I'll be there.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:36 PM
CarreraGT3RSR
Track Day

Has anybody seen the GT1 that has been showing at C&C lately? Is it authentic? That's why I thought it would be good to set this up. I'm sure we can get the more "core" P-cars to show up. I'll see what I can get set up.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:26 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys lets pick a date and I can set up the rest..

There are a lot of track days and events until the end of october... so maybe first weekend in november might be a good time.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:58 PM
CarreraGT3RSR
Track Day

Guys, can we get confirmaions for November 7th? Who can make it?
All P cars welcome, but we are hoping for a show of strength with GT3 and GT2 cars.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee, Irvine, CA