Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Has this car ever been tracked? Who knows!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 08:39 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a DME on the revs. Track cars are the best maintained cars. For example, my car gets an oil change and necessary service every four track events. Brakes get taken care of every 6-7 events and so on.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:10 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
I agree with mooty -- as long as the DME report doesn't show any particularly scary over-revs then there's probably nothing to worry about. If someone's been tracking the GT3 it just means that the car's likely been maintained well in excess of the recommended intervals and the owner has paid a lot more attention to the car and any potential issues than a boring street-only driver.

Track rats crawl all over their cars proactively looking for possible problems. They change the oil and brake fluid as often as they change their underwear, and usually have to have multiple, formal pre-track inspections every season. You won't find cars that are as well-serviced out among the normal people.
+100. If I were to buy a "used" car it will definitely be a "track ho" for the reasons cited above. I would never, never, never buy a bubble wrapped garage virgin!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 11:39 PM
enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

A proper pre purchase inspection is a must do !
Old 09-18-2009, 11:58 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
A good PPI with the fender liners removed. A car tracked means nothing to me other than the PO did get to enjoy the car. Over revs are the most important along with proper maintenance are the most important.
Ditto... All my cars tracked and driven hard never had Rmsl no issues!!! Just drive them !!! Or buy an F car and look at it
Old 09-19-2009, 12:51 AM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

930, that is one sweet 10 GT3 I see. How do you like it compared to the 07RS?

Quick Reply: Has this car ever been tracked? Who knows!