Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Radio delete pic

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 09:35 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Here's an alternative from Synergy Racing. I had my traqmate bracket and a manual fan over-ride switch mounted.
Attached Images  
Old 09-02-2009, 10:44 PM
CWay27
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They could of thought of something nicer then a double bin and also put door panels without speaker grill...... Did they miss that ??
Old 09-03-2009, 12:31 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by got2go
Here's an alternative from Synergy Racing. I had my traqmate bracket and a manual fan over-ride switch mounted.
Fan switch is a great thing.
I wonder if someone could convince one of these shops to do a "console delete" like the 996 ... really a great improvement to the cabin if you ask me. Though, I imagine it would impact resale prospects, so I don't expect too many people to to order the radio delete (meaning it would be cool to delete it with aftermarket parts so it can be restored for resale.)
Old 09-03-2009, 03:44 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by got2go
I like that very much, but I guess you did it mainly for a place to mount traqmate and not for weight savings??? I say this because the rest of your interior is in place.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:53 AM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Fan switch is a great thing.
I wonder if someone could convince one of these shops to do a "console delete" like the 996 ... really a great improvement to the cabin if you ask me. Though, I imagine it would impact resale prospects, so I don't expect too many people to to order the radio delete (meaning it would be cool to delete it with aftermarket parts so it can be restored for resale.)
The center console or the front console? Center is easy, just remove it!

Seems like you can do a lot of these mods yourself and save the original interior parts. I have a nice sheet of CF with clear coat that I can use for my own panels and "hole covers."

I would like to address the door panels also with a simple piece that is covered in alcantara or FIA fire proof cloth to match 996 GT3 seats, has a door pull like RS (maybe use the parts from the new RS for door pulls, except make it a real lightweight door panel; not the gimmicky one from 2010 RS), and relocate the power window switches to front console, maybe on plate that goes in place of radio delete.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:44 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 340Elise
The center console or the front console? Center is easy, just remove it!

Seems like you can do a lot of these mods yourself and save the original interior parts. I have a nice sheet of CF with clear coat that I can use for my own panels and "hole covers."

I would like to address the door panels also with a simple piece that is covered in alcantara or FIA fire proof cloth to match 996 GT3 seats, has a door pull like RS (maybe use the parts from the new RS for door pulls, except make it a real lightweight door panel; not the gimmicky one from 2010 RS), and relocate the power window switches to front console, maybe on plate that goes in place of radio delete.
I meant "console delete" as I wrote (that was the way I referred to the parts that could be ordered from Porsche for the 996 GT3 waaay back then.)

As for CF. I did a course of CF fabrication so I can make all kinds of stuff in CF now at a local "hobby" shop, TechShop . Half my house is now Borg'd into milled aluminum, carbon fibre molds and CNC machined "stuff" ... and of course, by "half" I really mean less than a tiny sliver of 1% ... : )

http://www.techshop.ws/

You can also get great stuff done at emachineshop -- relatively expensive by commercial standards but insanely great fun to design something and then have it show up in a box as real pieces.

http://www.emachineshop.com/
Old 09-03-2009, 08:11 AM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 340Elise
I like that very much, but I guess you did it mainly for a place to mount traqmate and not for weight savings??? I say this because the rest of your interior is in place.
It was in my recently departed 997S. I actually did do it primarily for some wt. savings and took speakers and amp along with a/c compressor and condensors as well. I have a brand new, never out of the box Cargraphic light weight carpet kit for 997 GT3/RS that I didn't get to before selling the car if anyone is interested.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:14 PM
_rocket
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where's the radio in the new Ferrari 458?

Old 09-07-2009, 08:38 AM
sws1
Pro

Originally Posted by _rocket

That looks like the steering wheel from a home video game console.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:14 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by _rocket

my guess is its right behind the driver and passenger in the center. only one song plays with different volumes controlled by a foot operated lever.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sws1
That looks like the steering wheel from a home video game console.
And if the California is any indication, the painted plastic has about the same feel of wobbly, cheap controls and cheesey Battlestar Galactica video effects.
Old 09-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carrering
my guess is its right behind the driver and passenger in the center. only one song plays with different volumes controlled by a foot operated lever.
Looks like it's down there in the middle of the knee pad ... I presume it's all accessible from one of the numerous binnacle buttons and steering wheel triggers ... whizz whirr zip zam zoom ...
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2009, 07:46 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by carrering
Funny!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:01 PM
_rocket
Racer

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Looks like it's down there in the middle of the knee pad ...
They look like pedals to me ...
Old 09-08-2009, 01:44 AM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 20 Posts

U - G - L - Y

Quick Reply: Radio delete pic