Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Looking for 2010 GT3RS spot

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 04:27 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan
Cars "in demand" (no allocation) already going for well over sticker.

Slow sellers going for less than sticker.

Greedy, unethical dealers with useless salespeople working for them.

It's no wonder Wendelin blew up Porsche and it's now a VW subsidiary.

The whole company has fallen to a new low just in time to join the other manufacturers.

Their arrogance will soon find them returning to the dark days of yore.

When it comes time I'll absolutely consider a used Lambo or step up to another car than deal with these jackals.

Hey Old Guy - the illegals WILL get free health insurance (he DID lie!)
My dear Zauber Berg Daniella,

Once upon a time when Ferry was still in charge and nobody ever heard of your "Wendelin", lol, his best buddy , a poor immigrant wrench who had a gift for 4 cam 356's and eventually had one of the oldest dealership in the US while becoming a multi millonaire charged 25-50 K over for the then hot 911 Speedster................with Ferrys blessing because he usually circumvented PCNA.................I guess profit was not a dirty word ..........or was the low before the low of your low of fallen new low ?
Old 09-11-2009, 11:43 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan
Cars "in demand" (no allocation) already going for well over sticker.

Slow sellers going for less than sticker.

Greedy, unethical dealers with useless salespeople working for them.

I believe this is called supply and demand. It is a natural element of any market. Why hate Porsche for it? I don't get it. We all love the screaming great deals of late at all the dealerships. You think all models should be sold at full MSRP? The dealers would love to do it that way, except nothing would be selling now and they would be out of business. You think Porsche should sell all RS's at MSRP so that speculators can purchase them and let them make the big profits? There are only going to be 250 produced. Lots of guys want them. Wanna play? Ya gotta pay!

Anyone that doesn't want to pony up can buy a GT3's for MSRP all day long.

Phil
Old 09-11-2009, 12:07 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 811 Likes on 464 Posts

If you don't like the price, don't buy. You think RS upcharges are crazy, I remember when PT Cruisers were over sticker. If enough cars don't sell with ADM then the ADM will come off.

Peter
Old 09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 02 Carrera
+1. I just talked to my dealer last week and the only info they received from PCNA is that they are expecting to build 250 RS models for 10'. They don't know how many RS allocations they will get because Porsche has not given any dealers allocations. They were told allocations would be given out in 1-2 months. In addition, the RS is not in the order system. Hence, I also have no idea of what Rob is talking about. Best guess is he is trying to figure how high he can jack the price before he gets a car. As I seem to recall, prices were being jacked $40K over list when the 997.1 RS came out. Sorry Obama, we are still a capitalist society. If Rob can get $50K over list, he has a right to do so (as long as Porsche NA allows it or he deserves to lose his allocations). I am just not the sucker who would sign up for that........
Slow down there conspiracy theorist. Some back ground, I've been driving 911s for almost 20 years now. I've been on this site for over seven and contributed a lot of knowledge, where ever I can. I've been selling cars, for less than a year; decided to do it on a whim and it's not my main source of income. I am the low guy on the totem pole here. During a sales meeting we were told that Tracy, our regional rep, indicated we would probably get two ( based on how many we got last time around ). I posted that info ( mistake ? ). I got a ton of e-mails and PMs asking for a spot. I made a list in the order they were recieved. I do not set the price they will be sold for, nor have I been told from anyone here what they will be sold for. I was told by another 'lister what the mark up is in the California market. Based on that, and the number of inquires I got asking if we would sell at MSRP, I made the brillant deduction that they proabably won't go at MSRP. Again, I don't set the price. The market does that ( and my superiors here ). People have no problem getting $30k off an MY08 C2S that' been sitting on the lot and we take a $10k hit on. This is no different. No one's forcing anyone to buy an RS.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:36 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 288 Likes on 141 Posts

Anybody stupid enough to pay $20K-$30K-$40K-$50K over sticker for one of these MK2 GT3 RS', is better off buying a 2008 GT2 with under 2k miles for $150K-$160K, which is suppose become even more rare since the next GT2's may have wet sump instead of dry sump engines.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Rich.
Instructor

We dont have allocations as of yet. I just checked again 2 minutes ago. some dealers may have allocations. I hope we get our allocations, We are getting antzy.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by flash1034
Newport Beach Porsche in California told me they were allocated two RSs. I was told one is mine and the other was still available at msrp. FYI only

flash
Dan Coumache says you are a liar. Internet manager there.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:27 PM
flash1034
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
Dan Coumache says you are a liar. Internet manager there.
What? I guess I'm the lucky one getting it at msrp. Sorry for trying to help
, I won't make that mistake again. A-hole. Also, that is NOT the person I td you to talk to. After reading your posting, I wish I hadn't tried to help you at all. What a jerk you are.

Flash

Last edited by flash1034; 09-11-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:58 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,687 Likes on 2,336 Posts

OMG, it's just a fkin'g car.
what is the big deal.....
Old 09-11-2009, 07:26 PM
flash1034
Pro

Exactly.

Flash
Old 09-11-2009, 10:13 PM
///Mous3
Burning Brakes

Rennlist is now a Honda forum.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:48 PM
RollingArt
Drifting

Originally Posted by ///Mous3
Rennlist is now a Honda forum.
WTF?

Old 09-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Thanks for posting a follow-up. I've had the same (mistaken) belief in taking a sales person at their word and been similarly disappointed. Ironically, it sounds to me like hearing sales types complain of buyers going through all the motions only to say "I have to check with my wife" (and never be heard from again) ... it seems the sales equivalent is "I have to check with my manager" ...

I'm starting to think your 3.9 decision is the right move. I asked Alex if he could bump you and get my car done first, but he said no chance ... ethical b@st@rd ... : )

As for the new RS, I think you just get the 997.2 RS suspension parts (and plastic fender extensions off the RSR instead ... : ) And pop in some solid engine mounts with the 3.9 rebuild.
Mr. GT, you're a funny guy!! Alex is an ethicial b@st@rd, truly a rare commodity this day and age!! I'll have to remember to bring him a nice bottle of wine when I see him this weekend!!
Old 09-12-2009, 03:39 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
Mr. GT, you're a funny guy!! Alex is an ethicial b@st@rd, truly a rare commodity this day and age!! I'll have to remember to bring him a nice bottle of wine when I see him this weekend!!
LOL... just take it easy on my red beast tomorrow! That is the lightest car I own:bigbye See ya' for lunch and just know that Tony hasn't yet aligned it either
Old 09-12-2009, 10:33 AM
ricster
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a dealer. I can tell you I have a ton of people on a list and only 2 will be getting an RS. I can assure you..if your not on a list now...you can forget about it. I do have 1 buildable for november delivery...a GT3...anyone interested? Lets face it...none of you can drive either car at the limit...lets not kid ourselves. I have a SSCA race license and can assure you...other than bragging rights...a GT3 will be fine..plus less money. So whos in? PM me.

Quick Reply: Looking for 2010 GT3RS spot