Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Yea

Strike that dealer off the list......
Old 09-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm so glad I made the choice to go 3.9 and don't have to deal with any of these guys!! I've written them all off, greedy bastards that they are.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:27 PM
BerryS
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob in WA
I should let everyone know that our allocations are spoken for. I have a list from all the PMs and e-mails I've received so far.

I had no idea the demand this car would create. They will not be sold at MSRP.
Personally, I have no problem with a dealer selling the car for over MSRP. After all, we (as consumers) expect a discount under MSRP for slow sellers.

Having said that, there's no way I'm going to pay over sticker for these cars.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:38 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

You do not even have your allocation yet so what are you talking about??? Big demand till you have to come up with the funds.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:33 AM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

does anyone have an allocation on the car yet? I have deposits but none of my dealers has any information...are they playing dumb?
Old 09-10-2009, 01:38 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
I'm so glad I made the choice to go 3.9 and don't have to deal with any of these guys!! I've written them all off, greedy bastards that they are.
I don't think we can tar all sales staff with the same brush, but the occasion of a hot car like the RS makes it easy to decide which dealers are fair (and when times are tough, it makes it easy for the dealers to decide which customers are fair ...)
Old 09-10-2009, 01:47 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowboarder54
I feel I need to apologize to some people on this forum who sent me PM’s about a 2010 RS which was offered to me by an overzealous salesman who contacted me a couple weeks ago. I received a call from a salesman at the Porsche store which we have the 997s serviced. I had spoke with this guy on several occasions over the past year or so and had mentioned that I may be interested in a 2010 RS should they get an allocation. He called me about 10 days ago asking if I was interested in an RS as he was pretty sure that they would have an allocation but needed to have a deposit. I asked at the time if it was MSRP and he assured me that it would be. Well I passed his name and phone numbers to five different people on this forum, of which I understand he didn’t return phone calls to least 2 of them. I left phone messages and sent 3 emails in an attempt to follow up with him and he didn’t return any of mine either. So, today I contacted the sales manager and was told that they did not have an allocation and that he was not authorized to offer one up. So if you are waiting for a phone call from this guy I am very sorry about this!! You know the old saying, “How can you tell when a salesman is lying?” When his mouth is moving!! Sorry, I should have known better!!
Thanks for posting a follow-up. I've had the same (mistaken) belief in taking a sales person at their word and been similarly disappointed. Ironically, it sounds to me like hearing sales types complain of buyers going through all the motions only to say "I have to check with my wife" (and never be heard from again) ... it seems the sales equivalent is "I have to check with my manager" ...

I'm starting to think your 3.9 decision is the right move. I asked Alex if he could bump you and get my car done first, but he said no chance ... ethical b@st@rd ... : )

As for the new RS, I think you just get the 997.2 RS suspension parts (and plastic fender extensions off the RSR instead ... : ) And pop in some solid engine mounts with the 3.9 rebuild.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:40 PM
Rob in WA
Cap'n Insane the Engorged
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BobbyC
Ah! so you're one of those...
I don't call the shots.

So who is selling them at MSRP?

I've heard they're going for $50k over in Cali.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:04 PM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

They are not going for anything yet
Old 09-10-2009, 04:15 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 273 Likes on 131 Posts

I gave up on this. Will be sticking to my ordered non RS GT3.
I can add the stickers later
Old 09-11-2009, 12:10 AM
10 GT3
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Billy Wyatt
They are not going for anything yet
+1. I just talked to my dealer last week and the only info they received from PCNA is that they are expecting to build 250 RS models for 10'. They don't know how many RS allocations they will get because Porsche has not given any dealers allocations. They were told allocations would be given out in 1-2 months. In addition, the RS is not in the order system. Hence, I also have no idea of what Rob is talking about. Best guess is he is trying to figure how high he can jack the price before he gets a car. As I seem to recall, prices were being jacked $40K over list when the 997.1 RS came out. Sorry Obama, we are still a capitalist society. If Rob can get $50K over list, he has a right to do so (as long as Porsche NA allows it or he deserves to lose his allocations). I am just not the sucker who would sign up for that.

Personally, I just don't care about this new RS. It is the looks that simply turn me off. I am not happy about the JC Whitney tacked on fender flares, riceboy rear wing and graphics. Cargraphic makes 1" wider front fenders, why couldn't Porsche do it right too? There are no colors on the configurator that look good to me. I would want no graphics with the center front bumper, mirrors, rear wing uprights and side blades all painted exterior color. All of these of course are not options. I could see contracting wheels and 997.1 stype graphics in gray-black/silver, gray-black/black, aqua/silver or aqua/white. You can get silver as the only option for deivating color wheels, but you still have to endure the ugly contrast color still painted around the car.

Now that the configurator is up, to get gray-black paint and the options of a well equiped GT3 (dynamic engine mounts and sport buckets), the RS already runs $18K more before any price gouging. I am with JMD and vote to just get a regular GT3 while you can order one for list or less and leave the gouging to someone else.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:38 AM
flash1034
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Newport Beach Porsche in California told me they were allocated two RSs. I was told one is mine and the other was still available at msrp. FYI only

flash
Old 09-11-2009, 12:41 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

I CANT believe we are going to bend over again. AGAIN after getting FU@KED Last time nation wide.
makes me sick. If you guys are going to pay over MSRP I got some FREE health insurance for ya!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:00 AM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flash1034
Newport Beach Porsche in California told me they were allocated two RSs. I was told one is mine and the other was still available at msrp. FYI only

flash
so PCNA already gave out allocations to dealers????
Old 09-11-2009, 04:07 AM
MagicMtnDan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cars "in demand" (no allocation) already going for well over sticker.

Slow sellers going for less than sticker.

Greedy, unethical dealers with useless salespeople working for them.

It's no wonder Wendelin blew up Porsche and it's now a VW subsidiary.

The whole company has fallen to a new low just in time to join the other manufacturers.

Their arrogance will soon find them returning to the dark days of yore.

When it comes time I'll absolutely consider a used Lambo or step up to another car than deal with these jackals.

Hey Old Guy - the illegals WILL get free health insurance (he DID lie!)

Quick Reply: Looking for 2010 GT3RS spot