Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Is this Fair? Dissed by Dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RutgersU
Is your self esteem so low that you need others to demean themselves by kissing your ***? They have something you want (car), you have something they want (money). Why is being decent and cordial not enough? We truly have become a "me" society. You must be a joy at Best Buy.

To the OP: You had a deal but wanted "consideration". How would you have felt if the dealer asked you for the same in terms of a higher than negotiated price?
+1
Old 08-13-2009, 04:47 PM
jw97C2S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a sad state of society when such a large number of people are in agreement that you demand your *** be kissed just because you're spending so much for a car. I personally feel embarrassed for anyone that ever tries to kiss my *** for any reason. This thread really does shock me.

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
+1
Old 08-13-2009, 05:03 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Isn't Claridges now called Fletcher Jones or just Fremont Porsche? Or do you mean the Porsche dealer out in Livermore that used to be in Oakland? I know the Fletcher Jones place pretty well now, but I've not thought to check deeper into where Claridges either changed names or perhaps there was an acquisition or a burial at sea?
Claridges is gone, the Fremont dealer is now Fletcher Jones.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Ironic that you mention Fletcher Jones, as that is the name of the dealer principal/general manager at the Hawaii dealership.

I think some of the people questioning the OP are not considering how they would truly feel after five years of working for the dealership and generating (guess??) $20M+ of revenue, referring dozens of other customers, that after asking for some "consideration" you are told "take it or leave it, we have other people lined up to buy it at msrp". This is not the same as an average customer trying to hardball another couple of thousand out of the deal after the car has arrived and the price already been agreed on, imho.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:08 PM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave I
Ironic that you mention Fletcher Jones, as that is the name of the dealer principal/general manager at the Hawaii dealership.

I think some of the people questioning the OP are not considering how they would truly feel after five years of working for the dealership and generating (guess??) $20M+ of revenue, referring dozens of other customers, that after asking for some "consideration" you are told "take it or leave it, we have other people lined up to buy it at msrp". This is not the same as an average customer trying to hardball another couple of thousand out of the deal after the car has arrived and the price already been agreed on, imho.
The OP was one of the top salesmen for our local Porsche dealership and introduced many people to the brand. Over the years, he developed numerous relationships with these customers and they return to the dealership to this day. He has generated a lot of revenue for the dealership when he worked there and even after he left. He did tell me what he would have considered and IMHO it was very modest. People spend more on laptops than what he would have settled for.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,675 Likes on 2,333 Posts

Is your self esteem so low that you need others to demean themselves by kissing your ***? They have something you want (car), you have something they want (money). Why is being decent and cordial not enough? We truly have become a "me" society. You must be a joy at Best Buy.

To the OP: You had a deal but wanted "consideration". How would you have felt if the dealer asked you for the same in terms of a higher than negotiated price?
sounds like you are related to rutger? thought you would have more intelligence than that.
i am a high school drop out, drive a GMC truck, a lowly red neck, pardon me.
read the whole post and take the *** kissing in context. understand the tone in context. perhaps you would see the light.

if you dont know me, pls shut the **** up.
being cordial? you have the faintest idea what that means.
you have not contributed a single thing to this online forum. i wonder where the hell mr. roleau is for not taking u off the board.
if you have questions about my self esteem... but then again, i wont waste more time with you.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:25 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
if you dont know me, pls shut the **** up.
being cordial? you have the faintest idea what that means.
you have not contributed a single thing to this online forum. i wonder where the hell mr. roleau is for not taking u off the board.
if you have questions about my self esteem... but then again, i wont waste more time with you.
L A U G H ! ! !

Thanks for the belly laugh, John. : )
Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Isn't Claridges now called Fletcher Jones or just Fremont Porsche? Or do you mean the Porsche dealer out in Livermore that used to be in Oakland? I know the Fletcher Jones place pretty well now, but I've not thought to check deeper into where Claridges either changed names or perhaps there was an acquisition or a burial at sea?
yes, i am aware the fremont shop is now fletcher jones. but i shall always call it claridges ;-) just like there is no infienon, only SP. they have some good ppl there. george in sales, gunter in service and the service manager (i can't remember his name) are all great to work with. and if you dont like their parts prices, just tell him, he will discount it, quite a bit.

the livermore shop is neigherbon. do not go there.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

L A U G H ! ! !

Thanks for the belly laugh, John. : )

i am glad someone finds me amusing.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:33 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

btw, have you thought about that it may be the kisser's pleasure to lick my bottom or other parts? i do live in SF. have you seen me?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:41 PM
RutgersU
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

btw, have you thought about that it may be the kisser's pleasure to lick my bottom or other parts? i do live in SF. have you seen me?
Perhaps they do as apparently do you.

hell, if you are my client, i will kiss up, wipe your butt, roll over whatever you want... just pay me.
Try to remember life is a marathon not a sprint. Your knees are not going to make it in the long run. Pace yourself or at least look into a quality pair of knee pads.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:41 PM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

move to CA. much better than HI, far less rain or humidity.
Cali is a wonderful place to be, but I have familial responsibilities that keep me in Hawaii.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:43 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Perhaps they do as apparently do you.
then wouldn't that be "cordial"?

Try to remember life is a marathon not a sprint. Your knees are not going to make it in the long run. Pace yourself or at least look into a quality pair of knee pads.
that is YOUR assumption. i'll post when my knees go out.
Old 08-13-2009, 10:45 PM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by WPOZZZ
Cali is a wonderful place to be, but I have familial responsibilities that keep me in Hawaii.
understood. i enjoy HI every year with family!
Old 08-13-2009, 11:03 PM
WPOZZZ
Three Wheelin'

PM me next time you're coming out here. The Hawaii RL guys are a good bunch

Quick Reply: Is this Fair? Dissed by Dealer!