Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Wevo Semi-solid Engine Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 01:13 AM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wevo Semi-solid Engine Mounts

I had an opportunity to test a pre-release version of the new 997 semi-solid rear engine mounts from Wevo. I had my car at the dealer for some service work, and had the dealer install these mounts for me while they had the car. The install was a piece of cake for them (I believe it is also a very "doable" do-it-yourself job). The parts are of excellent quality, and there were no fitment issues.

How are they on the street and track? When I got my car back from the dealer, I had totally forgotten about the engine mounts (they had it for 3 or 4 days). What was interesting is that the car felt different to me, and I was wondering why. When I say different, I mean that in a good way. The shifting felt a bit more precise, but what I really noticed is that it seemed more responsive to accelerator inputs and simply more buttoned down (tighter). When I finally remembered that the engine mounts were installed, I realized that was the answer. What I did NOT notice is vibrations or harsh responses. It just felt good; it felt right.

On the track these benefits are amplified, and I also noticed less shifting problems from 2nd to 3rd. Not that I ever had major issues with this, but it did happen a few times during a weekend event (some days more than others), and is now almost a thing of the past.

I highly recommend these mounts for the track rats, but also see them as beneficial for daily street driving. If you just love the feel of your GT3, and look forward to getting behind the wheel every time you do, then these will raise the bar just a little higher without sacrificing driveability. For what you get, this is a top 5 bang for the buck mod! Actually, it is a top 5 mod, and a top 3 bang for the buck mod.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:32 AM
Gus F
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 340Elise
I had an opportunity to test a pre-release version of the new 997 semi-solid rear engine mounts from Wevo. I had my car at the dealer for some service work, and had the dealer install these mounts for me while they had the car. The install was a piece of cake for them (I believe it is also a very "doable" do-it-yourself job). The parts are of excellent quality, and there were no fitment issues.

How are they on the street and track? When I got my car back from the dealer, I had totally forgotten about the engine mounts (they had it for 3 or 4 days). What was interesting is that the car felt different to me, and I was wondering why. When I say different, I mean that in a good way. The shifting felt a bit more precise, but what I really noticed is that it seemed more responsive to accelerator inputs and simply more buttoned down (tighter). When I finally remembered that the engine mounts were installed, I realized that was the answer. What I did NOT notice is vibrations or harsh responses. It just felt good; it felt right.

On the track these benefits are amplified, and I also noticed less shifting problems from 2nd to 3rd. Not that I ever had major issues with this, but it did happen a few times during a weekend event (some days more than others), and is now almost a thing of the past.

I highly recommend these mounts for the track rats, but also see them as beneficial for daily street driving. If you just love the feel of your GT3, and look forward to getting behind the wheel every time you do, then these will raise the bar just a little higher without sacrificing driveability. For what you get, this is a top 5 bang for the buck mod! Actually, it is a top 5 mod, and a top 3 bang for the buck mod.
Hi 340Elise, How many types of rubber do they offer? which one did you use, How much and who sells them,
thanks,
Old 08-09-2009, 01:21 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Direct from WEVO or your motorsport shop. I had them on my 996GT3 and it worked will along with the other mods.
Old 08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Gus F
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
Direct from WEVO or your motorsport shop. I had them on my 996GT3 and it worked will along with the other mods.
thanks, for the tip. It seems this is a good and easy mod to do, i'll go for the blue "standar" rubber, Noise and Vibration should be OK since I'm doing more track than street on my car now.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:11 AM
340Elise
Banned

Originally Posted by Gus F
Hi 340Elise, How many types of rubber do they offer? which one did you use, How much and who sells them,
thanks,
Wevo 997 Engine Mounts

Quick Reply: Wevo Semi-solid Engine Mounts