2 2010 GT3's on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:12 AM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
Don't show your ignorance!
Ha! What's a little come back when someone's assaulting the beautiful wing in my ordered GT3. Besides, who's ignorant, someone calls the wing "gay ricer" and you're calling me ignorant because of my response.

Last edited by 911dev; 08-02-2009 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:17 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nizer
Both cars have the wrong seats. Obviously ordered by a dealer.
Imo, the power option is a bit over the top on this car, but the Carbon seats are definately a perfect match for a GT3, however, many buyers might not find them as comfortable for frequent street driving. Myself and many here have stuck with the standard seats which are still befitting a GT3. The standard seats do not take anything away from this car.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:05 AM
green
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dev
Imo, the power option is a bit over the top on this car, but the Carbon seats are definately a perfect match for a GT3, however, many buyers might not find them as comfortable for frequent street driving. Myself and many here have stuck with the standard seats which are still befitting a GT3. The standard seats do not take anything away from this car.
Agreed. I tried the buckets and the standards side by side for an hour and couldn't feel comfortable in the buckets. Getting the standards.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Robert Linton
Race Car

Received 512 Likes on 229 Posts

I continue to be amazed that people will pay so much money for a car that will be replaced by another one, i.e., 996 GT3 replaced by Mark II which was replaced by 997 which is replaced by 997 GT3 Mark II which will be replaced by yet another and then another. In particular, the GT3 RS, stripes and slightly wider rear fenders, which is in the process of being replaced by another one which will, itself, be replaced by another and yet another. These are marketing exercises with minor modifications and, if one charts Porsche's models over the past two decades in particular, one can predict what is next and possibly when. In general, a car is a wasting asset and needs to be treated as one except in very rare cases of truly unique and limited automobiles and then, generally only if one is willing to wait long periods of time and there are buyers that are interested and will pay a premium many years from the then present.

P.S. Under the previous regime, Porsche was becoming very much more production and standardization oriented and, while the right thing for the shareholders, has meant excellent mechanical pieces with less charm and individual character (other than a myriad of primarily interior options that make a relatively inexpensive looking interior look a bit less plastic).
Old 08-02-2009, 10:33 AM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by Robert Linton
I continue to be amazed that people will pay so much money for a car that will be replaced by another one, i.e., 996 GT3 replaced by Mark II which was replaced by 997 which is replaced by 997 GT3 Mark II which will be replaced by yet another and then another. In particular, the GT3 RS, stripes and slightly wider rear fenders, which is in the process of being replaced by another one which will, itself, be replaced by another and yet another. These are marketing exercises with minor modifications and, if one charts Porsche's models over the past two decades in particular, one can predict what is next and possibly when. In general, a car is a wasting asset and needs to be treated as one except in very rare cases of truly unique and limited automobiles and then, generally only if one is willing to wait long periods of time and there are buyers that are interested and will pay a premium many years from the then present.

P.S. Under the previous regime, Porsche was becoming very much more production and standardization oriented and, while the right thing for the shareholders, has meant excellent mechanical pieces with less charm and individual character (other than a myriad of primarily interior options that make a relatively inexpensive looking interior look a bit less plastic).
I continue to be amazed that I spend that kind of money too! I sought help but that didn't work.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:12 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Originally Posted by 911dev
Myself and many here have stuck with the standard seats which are still befitting a GT3. The standard seats do not take anything away from this car.
These are personal choices, of course. I find the exact opposite - the standard seats kill the GT3 experience for me. There's something about being "wrapped" within the bucket seat that makes me feel integrated into the machinery. I sit 'on' the standard seat, but I sit 'in' the bucket. With the standard seat I am driving the car. With the bucket seat, I'm a part of the car. On the standard seat I steer with the wheel. In the bucket I steer with my ***.

Sitting in a stationary car, the standard seat may seem more comfortable than the bucket. But in a dynamic situation, the substantially more supportive buckets are, IMO, far more comfortable. And on a racetrack it's no contest.

Just my personal preference.
Old 08-02-2009, 01:27 PM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
These are personal choices, of course. I find the exact opposite - the standard seats kill the GT3 experience for me. There's something about being "wrapped" within the bucket seat that makes me feel integrated into the machinery. I sit 'on' the standard seat, but I sit 'in' the bucket. With the standard seat I am driving the car. With the bucket seat, I'm a part of the car. On the standard seat I steer with the wheel. In the bucket I steer with my ***.

Sitting in a stationary car, the standard seat may seem more comfortable than the bucket. But in a dynamic situation, the substantially more supportive buckets are, IMO, far more comfortable. And on a racetrack it's no contest.

Just my personal preference.
I have never experienced the bucket seat, although, I think it looks absolutely great. I do not doubt any part of what you are saying. I just have other considerations could very well make the bucket too uncomfortable for me. I won't go into boring details but trust me if I thought I could live with them I would. No doubt about track duty or making the Gt3 experience more of an experience.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:21 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

The one thing I find odd about the new folding buckets is that their rake is not adjustable. A fixed bucket is fixed (duh), but why not make the folding ones with some rake adjustment? That would make them comfortable to a wider audience, no?
Old 08-02-2009, 02:25 PM
911dev
Drifting

Originally Posted by SpeedGeek
The one thing I find odd about the new folding buckets is that their rake is not adjustable. A fixed bucket is fixed (duh), but why not make the folding ones with some rake adjustment? That would make them comfortable to a wider audience, no?
If they had some rake and even a slight height adjustment I'll may be swayed.

Right now I am considering painting the standard seat backs ext color (white, what else, of course) and the tunnel white. If not white then the tunnel would be leather to add to the full leather option, but keeping the white seat backs. I know it's a personal choice, but any thoughts?
Old 08-02-2009, 02:52 PM
SpeedGeek
Pro

The problem with painted interior parts is that they're easy to scuff or scratch. My preference is for a standard interior. My RS doesn't even have leather anywhere (except the door arm rests, I think).

BTW, it's very possible you could get seat mounting brackets to raise or lower the buckets. They would not be adjustable, but they could make all the difference you need anyway.

I'm 5'9" and the fixed buckets in my car sit me too low. My low-tech solution was to put a folded towel under the seat cushion. That has raised me about a half inch and made all the difference. I'm very comfortable but I have lost a little lateral support from the lower bolsters (I'm sitting higher in them).

Regarding rake, that's harder. Mine are the 996 buckets which are tighter and more upright than the new folding ones (I guess I'm lucky I find them comfortable as is). The new seats are quite a bit more laid back and loose fitting. I actually find them too laid back, but probably just because of what I'm used to.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:57 PM
JuanCarpantier
Instructor

Originally Posted by green
Aqua Blue is my new favorite...gorgeous!
Old 08-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have seen the wing in person and I loved it. A work of art IMHO.
I have also had the opportunity to sit in a friends GT2 C/F buckets. Awesome.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Sun Ra
Drifting

Received 61 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by 930man
Seriously watt does the pdk fullfill manhood!!!... Lmaooo
I'm kidding just razzing you because the wing on the car is so much better than previous versions!!! I have had all previous versions!

they all are gay rice, and we all know that and we all owned them... tacky at best. try to be objective, i know its hard, but pretend its a z06 and it'll be easier
Old 08-02-2009, 10:03 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by watt
they all are gay rice, and we all know that and we all owned them... tacky at best. try to be objective, i know its hard, but pretend its a z06 and it'll be easier
lmaooooo !!!! honda civic with wing!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:20 AM
SpeedGeek
Pro

Originally Posted by watt
It was not easy being an RS "early adopter". Remember, the 996 RS wing and red livery was the first. You guys in the US got the 2nd edition RS ricer look.

I remember being at a gas station when two teens walked by. One of them was pointing at my car and laughing. Fortunately I heard the other one say "no, no, it comes from the factory that way!"

Quick Reply: 2 2010 GT3's on ebay