Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Sparco DTM Seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2009, 02:30 AM
tiger 6
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sparco DTM Seats

Had a pair of Sparco DTM seats installed in my RS. Seats look great-orange stitching, logo etc. Got one problem. The outside vertical bolsters on both the driver and passenger side seats press up against the horizontal leather piece below the windows on both the driver and passenger sides. There doesn't seem to be suffifient clearance to move the seats inboard to alleviate this problem. Anyone else had this situation, and if so, what was the fix?
Thanks.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:54 PM
Smindustries
Advanced

The easiest solution is to peel back the upholstery which wraps around the edge of the bolster and trim some of the seat off. Doing so will remove the rolled edge, so you'll have to glue the upholstery back into place.

The next easiest option is to return the seats and buy some that fit. I know it comes across as a little harsh, however the Sparco is a very expensive seat, but not a very good seat.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:35 PM
tiger 6
Advanced

Originally Posted by Smindustries
The easiest solution is to peel back the upholstery which wraps around the edge of the bolster and trim some of the seat off. Doing so will remove the rolled edge, so you'll have to glue the upholstery back into place.

The next easiest option is to return the seats and buy some that fit. I know it comes across as a little harsh, however the Sparco is a very expensive seat, but not a very good seat.
Smin-Thanks for the reply. Not harsh at all. The seats are expensive. I believe, however, that there are a number of people on this forum who have installed these seats in GT 3's and RS's and did not have the problem I have experienced. My mechanic is a very competent individual, talked with the folks at Speedware Motorsports about the installation etc, and something is still not right. My feeling is simply that if one spends close to $5k for 2 seats designed for an RS, they should fit-period. And I should not have to be altering the seat and/or the car to make them fit. At the end of the day, if there is no solution to this problem, the seats go back to Speedware and I'll get something else which will allow me to have a harness in the car. And I'm a bit surprised that there has been 91 views of my post and you are the only one who has come back with a response.
Thanks again.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:37 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tiger 6
And I'm a bit surprised that there has been 91 views of my post and you are the only one who has come back with a response.
Thanks again.
tiger 6, I don't think many people have installed these seats. They're beautiful.

Check this discussion in 6speed

Quick Reply: Sparco DTM Seats