Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Cobalt Racing Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 02:49 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cobalt Racing Pads

I have been talking about trying a new pad so I decided to call Colbalt and look into a set of there pads the the two compounds that are interesting to me are there XR1 and XR2 compounds http://www.cobaltfriction.com/compounds/
I told them I wanted to order a set of the XR2's which I think is close to the yellow 29's but they do not have confirmed fitment for the rear of the 997-3 so I am sending them a set of my old pads to have them build me a set.

I am thinking the XR1 is similar to Pagid black and 2's like yellow 29. There pads are built to order and are in the same price range as pagid. If you are a club member (pca) you can get a discount. If I get this worked out I may float a group buy or something. we will see what they come up with.

I will document the experience Photos of the pads and a good comparison with my pagid experience. The people who I have talked to that have experience with this pad seam to like them.
Old 06-29-2009, 05:04 PM
85Gold
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 444 Posts

Originally Posted by todinlaw
I have been talking about trying a new pad so I decided to call Colbalt and look into a set of there pads the the two compounds that are interesting to me are there XR1 and XR2 compounds http://www.cobaltfriction.com/compounds/
I told them I wanted to order a set of the XR2's which I think is close to the yellow 29's but they do not have confirmed fitment for the rear of the 997-3 so I am sending them a set of my old pads to have them build me a set.

I am thinking the XR1 is similar to Pagid black and 2's like yellow 29. There pads are built to order and are in the same price range as pagid. If you are a club member (pca) you can get a discount. If I get this worked out I may float a group buy or something. we will see what they come up with.

I will document the experience Photos of the pads and a good comparison with my pagid experience. The people who I have talked to that have experience with this pad seam to like them.
Frank,

I have run them on my SCCA T3 Honda S2000 and just got a set for the GT2. I got the XR2's. 1 event so far @ PBIR which is not hard on brakes,except for the back straight 155 down to 60, wear was good and very good feel. Next is VIR July 24th UTCC and then the NASA weekend. I am running steel 350 x 34 mm front rotors and 350 X 28 mm rear rotors with PCCB calipers.

Peter
Old 06-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please keep us posted. I've been hooked on Pagids for a longgg time, but personally think that they are ridiculously high. Have not tried Performance Friction, since price is close to Pagids, and besides for price I like RS19's and RS29's. I like to longevity, I like that they are relativly gentle on rotors, just don't like the prices.
I would also love to hear some experiences from track junkies on Endless brake pads, which are supposedly used extensively in Japan, and lots of European Endurance teams

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/b...d=8&class_8=38
Old 06-30-2009, 12:43 PM
TurboCup87
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

My son has used Cobalt for several years on his tracked Type R Integra. He loves them. I've driven it a couple of times and they have good feel. Kyle
Old 06-30-2009, 04:44 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will keep you updated. shipped the old hardware today UPS.

Quick Reply: Cobalt Racing Pads