Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Adjusting Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:50 PM
camhabib
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjusting Sport Seats

I'm about to place an order for a C4S with the carbon sport seats (option P03, aka these: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/a...ientos-011.jpg ). They are a tad too low for me, and my dealer didn't seem too sure on if they could be adjusted at all. Is there any way to raise the seats up (heard something about a pivot in the front with adjustment in the back)? I'm not talking about an adjustment while I'm driving around, but more of a one time minor height one. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:42 AM
camhabib
Instructor

Is it just that no one has them or no one is less then 6ft tall?
Old 06-19-2009, 06:13 AM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is an adjustment, from what Porsche told me here, but I do not (yet?) have them on my GT3, so I cannot explain how it works. Ask another Porsche Service Center in your area or even by phone. I am far from the US but I hear that Suncoast is pretty good for out-of-state parts and assistance requests. Maybe they can talk to your dealer...
Old 06-19-2009, 09:42 AM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 70 Posts

This may or may not help....

I'm 5'6" and installed the Euro GT3 seats (one-piece, Carbon fiber) in my 997 GT3
On these seats, there are 2 "adjustment " holes...you can mount the seat at one of 2 settings, one higher one lower. I put it on the higher slot (obviously) and its ok for me..lower than the stock seats but I can see the wipers over top of the wheel..not a problem.

I havent looked at the 7-GT2 seats but you may want to call someone like Rick at Suncoast (who sells a lot of these seats) to see if there is an adjustment slot on the bracket similar to my seats

Hope this helps

WSH
Old 06-19-2009, 04:04 PM
camhabib
Instructor

WSH, thanks a lot for the info. When you say there are "two holes" do they raise the seat as a whole, or just adjust the angle of the it? Were they holes on the rails or the seats themselves?
Old 06-19-2009, 06:45 PM
gweedo911
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I posted the same question in 6speedonline. The OEM bracket only has one position. I drove a C4s today with the seats. These seats are very low. I'm 5'9" and barely see over the steering wheel. Personally, I'd like to be about 1" higher. I spoke w/ Brey Krause today and I was told they are going to be working in a multi-position and a sub-belt bracket in the next few wks. I guess this is good news for some of us that are vertically challenged. Perhaps if more people call Brey Krause regarding these brackets will reinforce the need for an aftermarket solution.......
Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Porsche-Jeck
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

@ camhabib: I have the GT2 seats installed in my 997 GT3 (after market installation done by a Porsche Zentrum) - actually the seats are about 3 cm higher compared to the Euro GT3 seats. If you like I can take a picture and upload it here. My wife (1.68 m) has no problem driving the car nor do I (1.85 m)

Quick Reply: Adjusting Sport Seats