Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Its from camber?

That would be surprising

Have to go outside and see how that explanation holds

Doesn't the caliper and rotor move in exactly the same plane as the plane of the camber?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Stephen Fisher
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why accentuated with two piece rotors?

Thanks.

SF
Old 07-14-2009, 09:00 AM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts
Default pad wear

The camber issue I believe is another slight factor when you run a 2-piece rotor. Otherwise, it's simply the design of the caliper and position on the front hub/wheel assembly.

I replaced my front RS 14 pads after roughly 6 hard track days. On the last day, I noticed some "fade" when the pads were really hot. When I examined the pads after removing I could hardly believe how close the inferior edge had come to the backing plate. The superior edge had at least 40% pad material remaining. The inside pad was more worn than the outside.

Hope that this helps. I bet that the pad composition has something to do with the accentuated wear as well.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:28 AM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sasportas
The camber issue I believe is another slight factor when you run a 2-piece rotor. Otherwise, it's simply the design of the caliper and position on the front hub/wheel assembly.

I replaced my front RS 14 pads after roughly 6 hard track days. On the last day, I noticed some "fade" when the pads were really hot. When I examined the pads after removing I could hardly believe how close the inferior edge had come to the backing plate. The superior edge had at least 40% pad material remaining. The inside pad was more worn than the outside.

Hope that this helps. I bet that the pad composition has something to do with the accentuated wear as well.
- i agree 100% it is happening
- my bet is it is the pistons not pushing uniformly on the pads and or there is caliper flex while doing so

Quick Reply: uneven brake pad wear/Cup calipers ?