Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Track Commander by RLC Racing -- anyone using it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 03:50 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 523 Likes on 346 Posts
Smile I guess I'll be the "Test Mule"

Speed Gallery in Studio City, CA has a number of customers that track their cars. Lots of them, including Dan Aspesi the owner, use the Track Commander. One of their customers had the Pro X Data Logger...didn't like it because it was too busy, seemed like a video game to him, and went to the Track Commander.

In a routine call to Dan Aspesi, checking his opinion of RLC, he mentioned that he had a used Pro X Data Logger for sale. Hmmmmm, so at that point I decided to sell my IQ3 (black and white display) and go to the Pro Series Data Logger. I love color displays, touch screen too. Another factor, RLC is in the next town over....in theory I can get technical support from them...although they may not be so enthusiastic because I bought it used. RLC also races....

I went to the plant and they demo'd it for me...out "freaking" standing. The display is ultra crisp...

I have added two (2) sensors, brake pressure and throttle position. With these two (2) sensors, I will be able to get metrics on how hard I am putting on the brakes and how much gas I am giving the car. Accelerometers are OK for this...but sensors gather actual data.

I pick up the car next week...I can hardly wait. And shortly thereafter I am taking it to Buttonwillow race track for test and tune...want to gather some data.

And finally, they have WiFi capability. Your coach to mechanic can pick up your data in real time when you are within 800 Ft of them...on their iPhone or iPad.
Naturally you would want base to car communication for coach to provide feedback.

Quick Reply: Track Commander by RLC Racing -- anyone using it?