Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Timing of US deliveries for MkII RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,864 Likes on 964 Posts
Default Timing of US deliveries for MkII RS

So if GT3 official debut was Geneva in March and US will start receiving cars in October (not counting early allocations), does that mean RS will arrive around March based on anticipated Frankfurter Auto Show debut in September??

If so it begs the question of whether it makes sense to order a standard GT3 and stare at it all winter in your garage (for those of us not blessed with living in FL or So Cal)....
Old 05-14-2009, 12:21 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

North America is getting 997.2 GT3s this summer. PAG has moved up deliveries and dealers got notice of allocations of the first cars end April. The front lift and dynamic engine mounts will not be available on the early cars. Not sure if this means they will move up the RS version or not. Since the RS is usually a homologation car for racing, it's possible that the technology isn't ready yet .... I am hoping for a 4.0 DFI engine,
otherwise the difference may not be worth while unless they take a few hundred pounds out of the car.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:31 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
North America is getting 997.2 GT3s this summer. PAG has moved up deliveries .
Hey Bob, I am hearing different stories about delivery dates, but the stories are becoming more consistent with what you say here. How did you hear about this? I am curious who your source of info is. My original impression was my June 3 build date would not be delivered til Sept or Oct.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 05-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

Mike, no special source, my dealer called saying he had three allocations pushed on him all of a sudden. If he doesn't take them they still count against his total allocation of 997.2 GT3's. Was hoping I knew someone who wanted one because his existing list wanted the dynamic engine mount option which is not available on the early build cars.

best,
Old 05-14-2009, 06:54 PM
gt3cup98
Racer

I was told by my Dealer, Braman in West Palm Beach, that they had an available June build GT3 avaialable. My guess is that car could be hear in July or August. I have also heard that RS will be hear early 2010 and I have a deposit on one so it will be interesting to see actual time.
Boyd
Old 05-15-2009, 09:43 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

I have a confirmed June 1st build in the order management system. Allocation just opened up early last week.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:26 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple days ago, my dealer just offered me an allocation of a 2010 GT3. I think it is around October delivery. The option codes are (A1, A1, 78, 810, 450, P03, 639) -- Black on Black, PCCB, full leather interior, sport bucket seats, Chrono Sport.

Too bad it is not exactly my kind of color and options, so I passed. If anyone is interested, the allocation is still available and I can forward the contact information.

Regards,
Old 05-16-2009, 10:12 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,983 Likes on 2,817 Posts

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
Couple days ago, my dealer just offered me an allocation of a 2010 GT3. I think it is around October delivery. The option codes are (A1, A1, 78, 810, 450, P03, 639) -- Black on Black, PCCB, full leather interior, sport bucket seats, Chrono Sport.

Too bad it is not exactly my kind of color and options, so I passed. If anyone is interested, the allocation is still available and I can forward the contact information.

Regards,
If it's really October delivery, I'd be surprised if you couldn't still change all of the options...
Old 05-16-2009, 07:20 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Regards,
My car is a June 1st build and I changed more options last week. It also started as the black on black. You should easily be able to configure the car any way you want this far out.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:47 PM
got2go
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by BBTurbo
My car is a June 1st build and I changed more options last week. It also started as the black on black. You should easily be able to configure the car any way you want this far out.
Has your dealer given you an idea of a delivery date? Mine keeps saying that the cars won't be released for the US until September at the earliest because of the timing of mileage/emissions certification. Remember when the early 997 TT's were sitting on US soil but couldn't be shipped to the dealers for several weeks?
Old 05-17-2009, 12:25 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regards,
Thanks. Does your dealer have information about the Front Lift System and Dynamic Engine Mount? (mine checked its computer and seemed the options are not listed yet.) These are the two options that I am interested, and I am told that they won't be in production until Sep/Oct the earliest.

The Dynamic Engine Mount I can skip if necessary, but I really hope to have the Front Lift System because of my office parking entrance.

Regards,

Quick Reply: Timing of US deliveries for MkII RS