Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Interview & question

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 12:44 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Interview & question

Does anyone know how I can upload a .wav file - audio only - of an interview by Chris Harris with Andreas Preuninger, the person in charge of GT cars for Porsche?? I keep getting a blocking notice (something about the need for a certificate).

Talking points comparison of the Mk II and the Mk I and on some of the recent topics/options posted here the last few days.

Topics:

1. Front splitter/down-force/grill mesh
2. Brakes
3. Centerlocks
4. Engine, including discussion on the new mounts
5. Wing/aerodynamics
6. Lift system (clearance about as much as nl 997)
7. Suspension changes reviewed
8. PSM/TC and settings ("almost all prof drivers faster on than off")

Few items of note from same: New engine torque curve increased in the 1500-4000 rpm range. Tool for the centerlocks comes with the car. Engine mounts are rpm dependent in part. 3 times more down-force due to aerodynamics frt/rear. He pushed for the 3.8 designation due to the 964 RS. Discusses homologation. Suspension includes uniball in frt, adjustable (4-frt/5-rear) stabilizers, copper bushings. Steering and differential remains same (the latter "works perfectly..." ). PSM once off, is/stays off - no system to put back on. New PCCB, less wt (at end of interview) now.

Also discusses the increased wt required by new regs vs wt savings by engineering to try to keep wt down - sounds like he gets it and is trying to both comply and meet the demand/chorus for lighter wt GT cars.

Pretty good stuff .... Worth a listen if i could get it up

Last edited by cello; 04-09-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Responding to my own post - pathetic

Found a link to it on Rennteam: http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread...scrollmode=TOP

Go to page 3 - find post by 'Boxster Coupe GTS' (2/3rds down) - second "DR download link" is the referenced interview.

The other stuff he has links to is good as well...

Quick Reply: Interview & question