7GT2 available for $155K with 2K miles!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 01:34 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 911/Q45
Willing buyer and seller makes it sound like market price to me.
I don't agree with you on this. If a willing seller sets a price too low, most likely they will find a buyer, but that doesn't represent the market value.

When I placed my RS for sale, I did it under market value, because I wanted to move it quick, I don't like selling a car for more than a few days. I had 26 people interested and 4 ready to buy buyers, actually I had to make a hard decision on who was going to get the car, and I'm very satisfied with that decision.

I spoke to the Lamborghini dealer yesterday about this GT2. They had 4 people on a waiting list with credit card numbers for a $5,000 deposit, so if the first person deal didn't go through, they could go down the list. They were preparing the car for shipping yesterday to the first buyer. The other three buyers lost the opportunity, I think I could have bought it if no buyers were committed when I called, it was a steal.

I've been doing my study for a month now, and have a clear idea for the market on used/new 08s and new 09s.

This is the market. New 09s $10k under, new 08s $20k under, used 08s $40k under. Sellers looking for more are not selling their GT2, and sellers at or below these levels are moving their cars.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:11 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=NJ-GT;6448705]I don't agree with you on this. If a willing seller sets a price too low, most likely they will find a buyer, but that doesn't represent the market value.

Have you seen the latest interpretation of mark-to-market valuation?.....
Old 04-03-2009, 08:02 PM
BobbyC
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by George3
It figures.
I go down to Summit Point for a few days and a GT2 deal pops up.
It was listed on ebay shortly, then the seller removed it. I guess it could be sold.
Just leave your checkbook with me...I'll take care of any future opportunities!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Carefree
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, the link quit working too. What a great time to buy!
I just picked up an 08 335i for a driver and the price was "oh so sweet".
On the other hand, I would hate to have to sell the GT3 right now, that would be ugly.
Good thing it is a track car.
D.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:47 AM
George3
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I don’t really think $155K on a 2K+ mile car is the kind of deal I would instantly jump on without thought. If things really tank with the economy - - as I feel they will - - then the delivery miles cars will be selling for that.

We are in very difficult and turbulent times and I don't believe any of the optimism the media regurgitates on us. The economy is in dire straits with little hope of improving anytime soon and I personally feel things will get a lot worse before they get better. ( just my humble opinion)

I was keyed up to buy a 2008 997 GT2 several months ago at this sort of price level, but not as much anymore.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:21 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

+1(but I'm not sure we want to hear it!)
Old 04-04-2009, 10:28 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by George3
I don’t really think $155K on a 2K+ mile car is the kind of deal I would instantly jump on without thought. If things really tank with the economy - - as I feel they will - - then the delivery miles cars will be selling for that.

We are in very difficult and turbulent times and I don't believe any of the optimism the media regurgitates on us. The economy is in dire straits with little hope of improving anytime soon and I personally feel things will get a lot worse before they get better. ( just my humble opinion)

I was keyed up to buy a 2008 997 GT2 several months ago at this sort of price level, but not as much anymore.

I don't get this view on cars you are supposed to own to drive. It only makes sense to "mark to market" the cars you own if you are in the business of permanently trading or flipping your cars.

If you buy to use for 2-3 years missing "the bottom" for $10-$20K on a $200K is pointless as it is a moderate 1.5% ($3K) extra yearly depreciation expense per year over 3 years (on a $200K car!!!).

Its almost the same as buying value stocks for the long run... you can almost always make an argument for sitting on the sidelines and never investing...
Old 04-05-2009, 01:08 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^ while I agree with you, the above rationalization opens one up to a slippery (black diamond) slope.

Quick Reply: 7GT2 available for $155K with 2K miles!