Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Question about service manuals for gt3???

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 12:12 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Question about service manuals for gt3???

For those guys who tend to do a fair bit of work on their own cars (brakes, suspension, oil changes etc), where do you get the spec info for torque settings etc? Do you own workshop manuals? Are there sites where this info is readily available? I would like to be able to do some of this work for myself but would like to be sure that I'm changing bolts when they need to be changed and tightening things to the right specs. Not looking to do engine overhaul, lol ... just basic maintenance that goes with tracking a car...

I'm wondering if it may be worthwhile to order a service manual or something from the dealership when I order the car? Thought maybe I could save something on its cost as I'm assuming they'd cost a fair whack and they're unlikely to budge on car? Any suggestions? How do others on this forum obtain instructions and specs other than from the forum itself???

Chris

Last edited by 911rox; 03-30-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:32 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the items needing to be torqued are suspension items. I generally just use a CupCar manual for torque specs.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:28 AM
tomburdge
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I work part time at a Porsche dealership and to my knowledge all the tech information the dealer gets is through the web via the Porsche site(not accessible by you or I)
Surely no after market manuals like there was once upon a time with the older models. Bentley publishers might have a disk you can buy,but I'm not sure.
You might ask an independent shop how they get their info.
Tom B.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:13 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A lot of us Independent shops use Alldata type applications for this. Or as i stated for many simple torque specs I use the Cup manual.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:30 PM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks fellas, are these alldata type applications and cup manuals readily available? Would I be purchasing a cup manual from Porsche or do they come from independent manual publishers? Any suggestions greatly appreciated....

Quick Reply: Question about service manuals for gt3???