Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Random rant about missing features

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Brian S
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random rant about missing features

Without solid confirmation about the 2010 yet (It's not in my driveway right now)

Why was it so hard to find a GT3 without a sunroof, did the dealers really order them all this way to hike the price or something? I was stuck with what I could find.

Why don't we have homelink?

Why doesn't our side mirror tilt down while in reverse like on the less expensive p-cars?

Why don't we have keyless entry/start, my recent nissan altima rental had it and even unlocked when you walked up to the car.. the prius has had it for years and the s2000 was push button start since 2000.

Why can't we get a MP3 player or jack standard as of 2008 without PCM (does it even have an ipod jack?) considering an in dash changer is out of the question with all the real estate the normal radio takes up and the trunk changer is less accessible.

While I think these small options would help it feel more like a 100k+ car without a significant (any?) weight difference, I tried to come up with more but I just couldn't.. the car is too good on the track once you get it aligned properly except the DOT engineer (lacky) that made the call on the roll bar removal should be shot.

Jeremy Clarkson was partially right, the more you spend on a porsche the less porsche you seem to get.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

You would hate the sunroof-free 996 GT3.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:13 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian S
Without solid confirmation about the 2010 yet (It's not in my driveway right now)

Why was it so hard to find a GT3 without a sunroof, did the dealers really order them all this way to hike the price or something? I was stuck with what I could find.

Why don't we have homelink?

Agree. This is a STUPID omission!

Why doesn't our side mirror tilt down while in reverse like on the less expensive p-cars?

I have no opinion on this

Why don't we have keyless entry/start, my recent nissan altima rental had it and even unlocked when you walked up to the car.. the prius has had it for years and the s2000 was push button start since 2000.

It's Porsche tradition to have the key on the left. From the running start LeMans days. I like tradition. A push button on the left would be OK

Why can't we get a MP3 player or jack standard as of 2008 without PCM (does it even have an ipod jack?) considering an in dash changer is out of the question with all the real estate the normal radio takes up and the trunk changer is less accessible.

I think audio delete should be an option. Who listens to anything other than the motor on a GT car?

While I think these small options would help it feel more like a 100k+ car without a significant (any?) weight difference, I tried to come up with more but I just couldn't.. the car is too good on the track once you get it aligned properly except the DOT engineer (lacky) that made the call on the roll bar removal should be shot.

Agreed!

Jeremy Clarkson was partially right, the more you spend on a porsche the less porsche you seem to get.

It cost more to gear up the line for omissions from normal productions. I don't like it either

It cost more to gear up the line for omissions from normal productions. I don't like it either
Old 03-16-2009, 08:52 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

I dunno...

I kinda find the threads about guys stripping out their GT3's to save weight more interesting. I look forward to the days in the future when you more commonly see 997 GT3's at the track all stripped out. I am sure this is hard to do to these beautiful cars, but this is what the car is raised to be like. As time goes on I suspect we will see more of this.

Just my impression after reading the above.......
Old 03-16-2009, 08:54 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

I do think Crazy Canuk has a nice avatar! Kinda makes you want to go to Canada

Quick Reply: Random rant about missing features