Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any pix of your green and white RS?
Old 03-06-2009, 09:14 AM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default rs

I ave pics of all 3 but having a hard time uploading the pic for some reason if you pm me I can send via email
Old 03-06-2009, 12:46 PM
flash1034
Pro

There are a ton of white ones on eBay...FYI. BTW, it will be interesting to see what the car does sell for. Please keep us posted.

Flash
Old 03-07-2009, 04:17 AM
dsu*
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NYC123
David I am keeping my white. And 125k is NOT the price for a sub 500 mile car. Sorry to tell you guys that. Sold my 40 mile Orange for quite a bit more than that.
good to her that your keeping the white car. i'm just surprised that you are moving 2/3 RSs, i knew you would hold on to the white though but thought you just wanted to move one of them and keep two. Just like steve(white and something else)!!!

spencer's car is worth a lot more than 125. It's a very loaded car with all the right options, high sticker(155k, i think), low miles... collector's car!

hopefully this beauty goes to a good home.
what's next? what are you planning on getting? I'm sure your moving these cars because you need garage space rite? rite rite? =)
Old 03-07-2009, 03:00 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

I can't repair the photos, so sorry! But here are a few of my cars to hold you over. Sorry NYC123

JCM

Attached Images      

Last edited by supercup; 03-07-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:55 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by supercup
Here are some photos NYC123 sent me.

JCM
Uhmmm..... what photos?????
Old 03-07-2009, 07:24 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
Uhmmm..... what photos?????
I posted them, but they looked so bad (not sure why all blurry) so I deleted them and will try again.

JCM
Old 03-07-2009, 07:28 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
^
You are absolutely correct, but that won't stop the "armchair prognosticators" from trying to equate your "pristine car" with a 'track *****". (Not that there is anything wrong with either, and a good argument could be made for a well used car). But, there are horses for courses. The imposition of "opinion" about how a car should be used (again "garage queen versus track *****") is again dumb. Why? Because if you carry the argument to the extreme, everyone on the track should settle for nothing less than an RSR to display their talents and skills.

It is the same with C-GT (and every other brand for that matter). They pick the lowest price they hear of, and apply it to all purchases. That is about as dumb as picking the highest price you hear of, and apply it to all purchases.

Good luck with the sale of your car.... and smart move on keeping the white one.

All that said, the only opinions that matter are from those who are willing to write the check; not the wishful thinkers, bottom fishers or the tire kickers.

Holy sh*t- we actually think the same on this!!

....And you think we're sooooo different Colm!

I bet we'd get along great if we met in person!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:22 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?

Colm, if you start thinking the same as Chris (Stoppie) on any more topics, then..... be afraid, be very afraid!

Sorry Chris, I couldn't pass it up!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:23 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

JCM, nice stable of cars you have there.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:19 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Likemystoppie?

I am sure we would, if only you were a little more forthright with information and deals available to Rennlisters. E.G. You never posted about the special finance rates or additional discounts on cars (announced Feb 27th, maybe I missed your post).

You create the expectation of deals, but never deliver the specifics. You never give a price. That gets interpreted (by me and others) as come into my "web", and for the unsuspecting they might pay too much!. I belong to the school tell me what you got, and if it is reasonable..I'm in. If I have to negotiate, I can go anywhere to do that.

I understand it on one level that you have to maximize returns for your employer, and your own commission checks; but on another level that constraint mitigates against you providing real value (or information) for Rennlisters.

My solution for you, to provide value to Rennlisters.... $1000 on top of the best deal you can negotiate.

Other than that we will get along like a house on fire.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:29 PM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
I am sure we would, if only you were a little more forthright with information and deals available to Rennlisters. E.G. You never posted about the special finance rates or additional discounts on cars (announced Feb 27th, maybe I missed your post).

You create the expectation of deals, but never deliver the specifics. You never give a price. That gets interpreted (by me and others) as come into my "web", and for the unsuspecting they might pay too much!. I belong to the school tell me what you got, and if it is reasonable..I'm in. If I have to negotiate, I can go anywhere to do that.

I understand it on one level that you have to maximize returns for your employer, and your own commission checks; but on another level that constraint mitigates against you providing real value (or information) for Rennlisters.

My solution for you, to provide value to Rennlisters.... $1000 on top of the best deal you can negotiate.

Other than that we will get along like a house on fire.
Colm, I understand the antagonism in general toward dealers on enthusiast forums, but Chris is the exception to the general rule. Example: I signed a contract for my recent C2S purchase prior to the finance rate deal being announced by Porsche. Subsequent to me signing the contract and prior to the actual delivery of my car, Porsche announced the new rates. Chris called me and told me that he was tearing up the contract that I signed and was sending me a new contract with the new finance rate to sign. He didn't have to do that, and I didn't ask him to do that. In my book, that takes him out of the "stealer" category.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:42 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

^

He didn't post the deals here. He didn't post about the car being sold for $X under invoice. I can understand why, but those reasons work against my self interests if I am a purchaser.

Actually he might have had to do that if it was through Porsche Finance, because once the deals were announced there was potentially a maximum rate he could charge you.

But my point remains, he should be out ahead on all this information, not playing catch up. However, his position as Sales manager, and responsibility to his sales guys and management might tie his hands.

It has nothing to do with antagonism towards dealers (or likemystoppie) and there was nothing antagonistic in my post (just reality). It has to do with "what is the deal?, in clear terms".

It is all about representation regarding what is on offer.

I have bought enough Porsche cars (to have learned many of the lessons the hard way); and the most important one is that I am responsible, not the dealer. Further, you are better off in the long run, if you can do the deal locally.

Likemystoppie can prove me wrong by posting an unbeatable discount here. I can post it ($X under invoice), but I have been giving him every opportunity to prove his mettle (to me). Likemystoppie is probably a very nice guy, but he can't give away the store, he can't undermine his own sales guys, and if he is grossing more per car on "Web" sales, then the ""Web" buyers are not getting the deal they think. Let's get specific!

How can he give a car away on the Web, and demand that his sales guys hold the gross? It doesn't make sense to me. If he is not giving the cars away on the Web, then you can just as likely do as well at your local dealer (simple logic) and not pay transportation.

Somebody posted about a $92K car and what they should pay for it? The question (like many others) was never answered by Likemystoppie.

Currently, I am shopping for a car and my sense is that prices are like I have never seen them before (and I have bought more than 20 Porsches).
Old 03-08-2009, 03:03 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Thank You Aaron- I appreciate that comment.

Colm, obviously there is a disconnect between what you're reading- and what's really happening. So let me get into it, albeit breifly- I need to go get a haircut. I'm looking like a homeless person today. LOL

This is the deal. With regards to the rates changing, and then being posted by someone else. And with regards to other peoples inquiries to car purchases-

ready for this?

I simply don't have enough TIME. I work VERY hard at what I do. And 90% of what I do- NON of you guys see. You don't see me at my sales meetings, every single day- at 845am. You don't see me working 1-2 hours past close (on a 12 hour day) to get my client managment updated. You don't see me throughout the day, sitting with clients (from C Classes to Porsche's, my role is to sell). Getting cars gassed up and ready for delivery. Doing final inspections. Ordering parts. Ordering tint. Ordering venture sheild. Getting the insurance set up. Getting transportation set up. Chasing after Chad/Gabe/Bernie to talk to them abouta deal. Making my bazillion follow up phone calls. Moving inventory. Being a friggin snow ploy guy b/c the lot kids are completely incompetent. Chasing after the lot kids. Chasing after messages. Chasing after Lojack installs. Chasing after the 'wheel guy' to fix a used cars wheel. Making sure the car is Abso****inglutely perfect before delivery.

I do that ^^^^ 6-7 days a week. I'm scheduled 63 hours a week. Yet can't remember when the last time I worked less then 75 hours. Every week. And on top of that- and 99% of the time- while I'm tapping away on Rennlist- I'm sending emails, returning phone calls or having the 150 other conversations with coworkers or clients that I need to have inorder to do my job.

And most of my activity on RL is after hours- upto 2am on many occassions. (although, admittedly, maybe a wee bit drunk lol)

Now- to the point. The point is that (and I've said this before) the car business is NOT all about the $$$. Why?

I'll tell you why. Because I'm not going to do all the work for another Sales person to just take 30 seconds and beat my deal by 1, or 2%.

Sorry. I'm not that guy. On top of that- there are more variables at play in the market then most are willing to admit to themselves.

I had 2 Rennlister's PM me the other day. Both CA residents. I told them both point blank - There are about 25 dealers in CA. Blood is on the floor. My dealership sold about 160 cars last year. 160 friggin Porsche!! That's it.

Take advantage of that chaos in CA and help the better dealers by doing business with them. Put the **** ones out of business. I don't have 20 08's left over. I have 3. I have 15 09 911's. I'm sold out of cayenne GTS's.

1-2/2.5% won't make the difference up in discount when you take in account transportation to CA.

And oh btw- it's not about the money. yes, it is- but to a point. People do business with me b/c they see my comments. They see a 'history' of character, and they know they're talking to someone who serves up no bull****. And frankly- there isn't any other way. You don't have the time, I don't have the time- and I care wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much about the great relationships here and building friendships then a few bucks.

B/c it ain't about the money for me either, here on RL. If I made a huge commission, would that be worth a 'slight' chance or the risk of pissing someone on RL off? Nope. Not in a million years.

Nor is it worth it for the clients who aren't on RL but live locally. I am who I am. (didn't someone else say that? )

I LOVE cars. I LOVE talking cars. And I LOVE seeing people treated right. As I guarantee you the sun will rise tomorrow, I can guarantee you two things:

1) Someone will pay less then you.
2) Someone will pay more then you.

This world is a lot smaller then we're willing to admit. And in my world, and in my life: it's ALL about the relationships.

Colm- I think you could actually be a pretty great guy. I just think you've been burnt wayyyyy tooo much and your knee-jerk reaction to 'not trust' is overwhelming. I'm sure you'd spend a few bucks more knowing you're doing business with a person you 100% can trust.
Old 03-08-2009, 03:11 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Ps. Colm- if it's a car that I can help you out with aka pointing you in the right direction or any information I have on it;

please contact me. you know where to find me.

Chris

Quick Reply: Green 2008 RS for sale