More Geneva GT3 pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 996toomey
Mdrums:

See how the car has the new style PDK steering wheel? I bet you will see this option soon.
with shift paddles behind it...
Old 03-05-2009, 04:20 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Those are the same center locks used in the Carrera GT. Funny how the Carrera GT technology slowly makes it to the street GT3, first the $11,000 seats in the 2007 GT3, now the center locks in the 2010 GT3.

When are they going to put PCCC in the GT3/GT2? This is the Carbon Ceramic clutch with no flywheel, good for another 24 lbs reduction over the LWFW, and 42 lbs over the standard clutch and dual mass flywheel.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:28 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They don't look like the same center locks to me, and the torque value is different.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sws1
What is that around the vents? Is that CF?
Looks like some of the usual faux CF bits for the door pulls and dash vents. Seems out of place with no other CF around. Full leather dash option too -- really helps lift the cabin.

It would be nice to see above and below pics of the engine, suspension, rear control arms, front aero, intakes, rear brake cooling intakes. A pic of the dash, tach, PCM sport chrono page, etc. too.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Turbo4ever
Racer

Originally Posted by MJones
Newton metre is a unit of torque (also called "moment") in the SI system.[1] The symbolic form is N m or N·m,[2] and sometimes hyphenated newton-metre. One newton metre is equal to the torque resulting from a force of one newton applied perpendicularly to a moment arm which is one metre long.

Conversion Factor:
1 newton metre = 0.7375621 foot-pound force (often "foot-pound")

500Nm= 368.78105 Ft Lb

Get your LONG bars ready!!

I want 5 lug wheels!!!
Thanks.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:16 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo4ever
Anyone can explain to me what's the meaning of that? 500Nm?
NM=newton meter = unit of torque = lever arm x force = amount of tq needed to tighten down that nut on the wheel. you either need LONG lever arm (tq wrench) or some sort of mechanical leverage multiplier. this is why i dont like center lock.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:48 PM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
When are they going to put PCCC in the GT3/GT2? This is the Carbon Ceramic clutch with no flywheel, good for another 24 lbs reduction over the LWFW, and 42 lbs over the standard clutch and dual mass flywheel.
Maybe in the RS versions...
Old 03-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MJSpeed
Maybe in the RS versions...
I'm afraid the GT3 will get PDCC before it gets PCCC.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:37 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I'm afraid the GT3 will get PDCC before it gets PCCC.
You must be wrong!

Some have been to the factory, and are the beneficiaries of special knowledge and privilege. All things Porsche have been revealed to them.

Want to buy a bridge?
Old 03-06-2009, 01:56 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
You must be wrong!

Some have been to the factory, and are the beneficiaries of special knowledge and privilege. All things Porsche have been revealed to them.

Want to buy a bridge?
A bridge? Cool! First, I'm trying to get David Byrne to answer my calls about his "road to nowhere" -- if he'll sell that to me, then I can buy the bridge ...

Old 03-06-2009, 10:34 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
with shift paddles behind it...
Exactly!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:21 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

I just noticed in the pic that shows the seat, the normal seat belt attachment is on the inside of the seat, not between the seat and the tunnel. My GT3 seats I have has the attachment between the seat and the tunnel.

Do I have it wrong, is this something new, or is it incorrectly installed on the seat in this car?

Inquiring minds want to know......
Old 03-06-2009, 04:48 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

Originally Posted by TeamDrugMoney
I just noticed in the pic that shows the seat, the normal seat belt attachment is on the inside of the seat, not between the seat and the tunnel. My GT3 seats I have has the attachment between the seat and the tunnel.

Do I have it wrong, is this something new, or is it incorrectly installed on the seat in this car?

Inquiring minds want to know......
the correct way is to have the female receptable INSIDE of the seat, this way your lap belt will touch your lap as it should be. but if your waist is more than 34, most likely you will not fit the GT3 seat (but will fit gt2 seats) with the receptacle inside the seat, thus with no choice, the receptable will need to be b/n seat and tunnel. if you are more than 36", i think it's fine with receptacle outside b/c the lap belt should still touch the lap/stomach of the larger person.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:42 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
the correct way is to have the female receptable INSIDE of the seat, this way your lap belt will touch your lap as it should be. but if your waist is more than 34, most likely you will not fit the GT3 seat (but will fit gt2 seats) with the receptacle inside the seat, thus with no choice, the receptable will need to be b/n seat and tunnel. if you are more than 36", i think it's fine with receptacle outside b/c the lap belt should still touch the lap/stomach of the larger person.
This is correct for shell seats, but that's the GT2 folding seat and there's no room at all for the buckle to go outside the seat. The recess in the seat leather is much deeper than in the 997 "RS" (carbon fiber shell) seat, so the buckle fits and the GT2 seat is wider.

Maybe someone with a "rest of world" aka "Euro" delivered car with factory installed RS shell seats could take some pics of the actual hardware used to mount the buckle to the slider. I've never seen it and it's still a mystery as to how they get everything perfectly aligned. I've done it myself, more than once or twice, but not with 100% unmodified factory parts.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:46 PM
171mph
Racer

Originally Posted by mooty
the correct way is to have the female receptable INSIDE of the seat.
hopefully there'll be a lot of female receptacles in gt3s

Quick Reply: More Geneva GT3 pics