Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

enough talk about selling cars and MB

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 02:36 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts
Default enough talk about selling cars and MB

I would love to hear about someone enjoying a GT3 or GT3RS or a GT2. Lets hear about your last track day or lastest mod.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:40 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

amen brother
Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 AM
sjgreco
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I couldn't agree more, I took my RS out for a drive today, it is as amazing as the first drive home from the dealership and still gets a ton of attention.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:24 AM
4porsh
Three Wheelin'

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

I was here http://www.springmountainmotorsports.com/clubhouse/
last weekend. Track and facilities are outstanding. Second day we had rain running NT-01s having a great time. Love that place and my 6gt3.

Joe
Old 03-01-2009, 03:40 AM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

MB sucks and porsche rules at the track...... period- good enuf? Mike ps- gt3 's dont need ne modding to kick mb's butt... period. Havent seen a black series(if so- one De grp down) and slr mclaren- never seen one. mb guys please enlighten me- I have no problem offering respect to faster cars : ). Mike
Old 03-01-2009, 06:13 AM
911rox
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Great suggestion.... Don't have anything to share for the moment as my fun is hopefully only a few months away... waiting on a gt3 997.2 and will have plenty to report and ask thereafter... promise that MB and selling it will never come up...
Old 03-01-2009, 09:36 AM
CorsicanBB
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car is finally fixed and running like a charm

I took it up and down the Jebel Hafeet road, which has been called the Greatest Driving Road in the World by Edmunds.com, a couple of times on a weekday afternoon when nobody was around. That was serious fun!!!!

Here is a link to the wikipedia page on this road and a few pics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jebel_Hafeet
Attached Images    
Old 03-01-2009, 09:48 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,640 Likes on 762 Posts

Allright;

Got mine in August and put 7000 miles on in 14 (10 Sebring, 2 PBIR, 2 Roebling road) track days and my daily 20 something mile commute.

Drive every day, smile when the CUP front lip scrapes the ground, change the wheels Friday evening for track tires (Cheap and plenty used ones available from race teams cup cars.) and back again monday Morning.
Change the pads every 6-8 days, the engine and oil and brake fluid every 3 events or so and bring to Porsche dealer once a year for everything. Repeat forever..

I have to wait about 5 miles to get the oil temp up each morning, pure torture to keep it under 2500RPM, after that speed limits seem silly.

Half the time the car washer guy does not show up for a week to scratch my clear bra, so I drive around with a white car covered in track grime and black marks and the only clean spots are where the numbers were..

What other car can you do this with??

Got 3 tickets sofar, once with my hands behind my neck and face on the hood (He might have had a steroid flare up.), but it's worth it and that is what the ticket clinic is for.

I will be in Homestead with Chinmotorsports.com the 7th and 8th, for some more fun.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:11 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,062 Likes on 581 Posts

corsican- I've seen that road in videos and stuff...looks amazing!
Old 03-01-2009, 10:19 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 882 Likes on 366 Posts

I have been to three track days(all at buttonwillow) I am signed up for March 11th at Willow Springs. My car has the full cargraphic system(don't like it). Thinking about sending the car to sharkwerks to remove exhaust add bypass, seats, and rollbar. I put 5k on my first RS and plan to put many miles on this one.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:48 AM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by CorsicanBB
My car is finally fixed and running like a charm

I took it up and down the Jebel Hafeet road, which has been called the Greatest Driving Road in the World by Edmunds.com, a couple of times on a weekday afternoon when nobody was around. That was serious fun!!!!

Here is a link to the wikipedia page on this road and a few pics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jebel_Hafeet
Dick....

I'm here in 18º with snow all over the place and you post this? WTF???

Anyway, just joking you lucky bastard!!!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:05 AM
jpcourt
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am just waiting for the weather to turn go get the GT2 out... maybe two weeks or so. I actually went down to my storage space yesterday and took the cover off and just sat in the car for about 10 minutes... yes I am ready for spring. We have had one hell of a winter here in New England.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:26 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,660 Likes on 2,327 Posts

raining here now.
yesterday too it out for 190 miles with my daughter. some caynon roads, pastry for the little monster (that's the daughter) and we ended up at porsche dealer (she calls it big porsche gathering) and test drove PDK cayman s before heading home. that was fun!
Old 03-01-2009, 11:56 AM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

Barber with Alabama PCA on Friday. Finally back to the track.
Attached Images  
Old 03-01-2009, 12:10 PM
TeamDrugMoney
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very excited about this year in my direction! Just about to sign up for LCMT and Calabogie fir the early July events. Mon Tue Wed at LCMT and Fri Sat Sun at Calabogie. Not sure if life will get much better than that!

Hoping to put in 30+ track days this year to get me up to about 80 days in 3 years.

Also excited to take delivery on the new 997.2 GT3 with Euro Delivery when my local dealer gets their allocation as I am first on their list. I am excited about this car as I will be able to order it to my desires and will not worry about market value over the years as my goal is to just drive the **** out of it. I will not worry too much about mods as I am humble enough to know that it will take me many years to reach the cars potential even in its stock condition. I will enjoy the experience of growing into the car and keeping it for many many years. The fun part will be deciding what color to get and what to do about graphics for the car. Considering going for the Nordic Gold metallic and making the car into the Porsche Crest with the antlers and red and black stripes. The gold will be a nice backdrop for such a graphics scheme. Many possibilities......

Hope all goes well for all you guys this year!!! Run the Heck out of your cars, that's what they were designed for!!!

Quick Reply: enough talk about selling cars and MB