Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

A.W.E. Tuning 997 GT2 Power Package Now Live.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:08 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A.W.E. Tuning 997 GT2 Power Package Now Live.

625hp for your 997 GT2.

Utilizing G.I.A.C. software and A.W.E. hardware.

Please visit our web site for more detail:

http://awe-tuning.com/pages/shared/p...2_powerpackage

Old 02-11-2009, 05:43 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

Nice presentation.... what about the clutch, how the hell can the stock one hold another 120NM on your car when mine is slipping with just another
~30NM

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...lt-on-gt2.html
Old 02-11-2009, 06:10 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

And just to show I am not picking on AWE, these people seem to think the stock clutch can handle 880NM !!!

What am I missing here ?

Also is it possible to explain that if you are both using the same software but EVO's kit is sans intercoolers that despite your exhaust being better than the
restrictive, Titanium factory system and the EVO one using said restrictive exhaust from renowned factory Bike race exhaust manufacturer Akropovik and its headers obviously not proven themselves to be the finest available they still claim much bigger power/torque numbers.... why don't any of you guys quote before and after acceleration numbers to show what you are actually selling ?

*items in italics taken from your web site claims....

Old 02-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by TB993tt
And just to show I am not picking on AWE, these people seem to think the stock clutch can handle 880NM !!!

What am I missing here ?
Toby, you are not missing anything. If someone wants a clutch, we selll them a clutch.

Also is it possible to explain that if you are both using the same software
Let me stop you right there. EVOMS is no longer a G.I.A.C. dealer. They were dropped by G.I.A.C. months ago. EVOMS is now supposedly doing their own software... And what I find most disturbing is how they are labeling their supposed switching software. Ugh, don't get me started... Sorry.

but EVO's kit is sans intercoolers that despite your exhaust being better than the restrictive, Titanium factory system and the EVO one using said restrictive exhaust from renowned factory Bike race exhaust manufacturer Akropovik and its headers obviously not proven themselves to be the finest available they still claim much bigger power/torque numbers.... why don't any of you guys quote before and after acceleration numbers to show what you are actually selling ?]
We will go out and purchase a Driftbox when you finally own up to the fact that engine dynos are not the end all be all of test equipment. (I know this will never happen, but I had to say it)

It seems that regardeless of engine dyno testing, eclou managed to back up our dyno claims using our parts and his Driftbox...

See here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/6237356-post48.html

Look, I can understand your loyalty. I am not questioning that. I am just trying to show forum users that there is more then one way to skin this cat.

I cannot recall the last time we rented our dyno to a local car owner. We use it for the development of our own products. Just like any other tool, when you use it enough, you become skilled with it. You know all of the nuances. You know how to make the most of it.

I really hope there are people reading this and learning something. Please speak up if you are. Discussions like this are more interesting when others are involved.
Old 02-11-2009, 12:43 PM
911/Q45
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're all listening and trying not to show our ignorance by spouting off!
Old 02-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Mike, I really enjoy seeing the development of a product in your organization, it's cool to see the innards of our favourite cars. I'm also a big fan of Toby's straight-talk and his experiential based analysis and reporting.

It does drive me a bit crazy when I see folks slam American automotive engineering companies and prop the European companies up on a pedestal. There's no doubt that the infrastructure in place in Europe guarantees a certain standard of quality due to the TUV certification, etc., however this does not mean that American manufacturers cannot match or beat that quality, performance and innovation.

If American engineers can put a man on the moon, land two rovers on Mars and build laser guided bombs, I'm pretty sure they can increase the horsepower of a GT2 by a few hundred. What would make things easier for the consumer, is for the companies to provide more information. We'd like to see engine dyno charts, chassis dyno charts, intake air temperatures, boost pressures vs. rpm, and finally, acceleration figures with a minimal of gear changes.

I admit that it's tough to get all of them, but you have to hand it to our European friends, they do tend to put more effort into ensuring their products stand up to their claims.

Cheers!
Farzaan
Old 02-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by fc-racer
What would make things easier for the consumer, is for the companies to provide more information. We'd like to see engine dyno charts, chassis dyno charts, intake air temperatures, boost pressures vs. rpm, and finally, acceleration figures with a minimal of gear changes.

I admit that it's tough to get all of them, but you have to hand it to our European friends, they do tend to put more effort into ensuring their products stand up to their claims.

Cheers!
Farzaan

Farzaan,

I completely agree.

I also want to thank you for the kind words. However, what do we need to do further do to get users to look at our web site? It is all right there. Just what you asked for. I am sorry if you had seen it already, but from your post, it sounds as though you did not. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

To give you some further insight on us, we pride ourselves on disclosing ALL the data. For years the Porsche market has been fleeced by many companies. You basically had to buy with the hopes that the part lived up the advertised claim. There was either no dyno sheets, no data logs, not CAD drawings, no test data, NOTHING!

If you dynoed yourself and did not see the gains, it was either the dyno, the dyno operator, or the car...

Times have changed, and we are going to lead the way from here.

I encourage everyone to check out this link:
http://awe-tuning.com/pages/info/con...cfm?content=72
Old 02-11-2009, 03:07 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike/A.W.E.
Farzaan,

I completely agree.

I also want to thank you for the kind words. However, what do we need to do further do to get users to look at our web site? It is all right there. Just what you asked for. I am sorry if you had seen it already, but from your post, it sounds as though you did not. Let me know if this is what you were looking for.
Sorry Mike, my comment was intended as a general statement in regards to all tuners and it was intended somewhat as a light-hearted jab at the European tuners for providing so little information in comparison to what you've so openly provided.

As an example, I bought a RUF suspension for my 993TT and it was nearly impossible to get ANY information about what I was getting, everything was top-secret!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:51 PM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

Originally Posted by fc-racer
Sorry Mike, my comment was intended as a general statement in regards to all tuners and it was intended somewhat as a light-hearted jab at the European tuners for providing so little information in comparison to what you've so openly provided.

As an example, I bought a RUF suspension for my 993TT and it was nearly impossible to get ANY information about what I was getting, everything was top-secret!
Ok, sorry for the confusion.

Did you have a chance to reveiw the data in that link?

Let me know your thoughts.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:36 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Did you have a chance to reveiw the data in that link?

Let me know your thoughts.
I did and spent way too much time pouring over the interesting content! I especially loved the compelling data on the intercoolers. The only things missing are acceleration runs and some durability testing data, although those may not add much value considering how much information you've already provided.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:25 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

You guy's do sick work, awesome setup!
Old 02-12-2009, 06:22 AM
TB993tt
Addict
Rennlist Member

Toby, you are not missing anything. If someone wants a clutch, we selll them a clutch. .
Is my point not obvious ? If my measly exhaust tuning has resulted in clutch slip then surely yours will overcome the stock item so the clutch should be mandatory as a GT2 with over 740NM will just fry the stock item it is not a matter of someone "wanting" one but of your R&D concluding that an uprated clutch HAS to be part of the package

when you finally own up to the fact that engine dynos are not the end all be all of test equipment. (I know this will never happen, but I had to say it) :.
Mike.... please tell me you are joking ?

Look, I can understand your loyalty. I am not questioning that. I am just trying to show forum users that there is more then one way to skin this cat.:.

I must tell you that I am actually not that "loyal", I will buy what I deem through experience to be the best components - we had the header debate and I am happy that I have the best headers (based on my criteria). I like your intercoolers and will probably buy a set in the summer (if we are still on talking terms )

I am going to Germany next week and am spending an afternoon at Manthey where they will remove my rear bumper, strap on all their cooling equipment and power test my car on their Maha - they know it has RS Tuning components and will be doing their hardest to minimise any power it has (through loading and heat soak - not by number/CF/IAT manipulation) - I just like the truth (as I see it)
Old 02-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Mike/A.W.E.
user

I like your intercoolers and will probably buy a set in the summer (if we are still on talking terms )
Just the opposite. I am really enjoying these discussions.

Conversations like this will only have a positive effect on how others view myself and our brand!

My only complaint is that I wish Rennlist had the same amount of traffic as
6speed... It would be nice if more people were viewing.

Enjoy your trip.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:26 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I think that's the way to go with a gt2, just changing out the cats. That way you can maintain the titanium exhaust.

Quick Reply: A.W.E. Tuning 997 GT2 Power Package Now Live.