Old 01-28-2009, 04:30 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Talking Check out Excellence Magazine in April

Hey fellas just a heads up... Got my copy of Excellence (April edition) which features a few rennlister's we know Pete and his crew took Blakt-out's 997S SuperCharged monster, Scargo's 997TT, SnowBoarder54's 997GT3 and our Cayman S for a few days testing (doesn't sound like fun to me)

There's a sneak preview here (only partial so check the print version):
http://www.excellence-mag.com/art1/art1p1.html
Again, congrats and to Blakt-out on building a wicked, wicked 997 (and Synergy) and of course to everyone's favorite Snowboarder54!

PS Props to everyone involved and it's fun to meet and know all these guys involved (who I met on here!).
Old 01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant wait to read the entire article
Old 01-28-2009, 06:40 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

oh, i have driven that ugly POS car.

hahaha, congrats alex.
nice work.
now can you make my car fast like that?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:58 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by jenk12m
cant wait to read the entire article
It's pretty trick and the pix are nice too!
Originally Posted by mooty
oh, i have driven that ugly POS car.

hahaha, congrats alex.
nice work.
now can you make my car fast like that?
Hehe yes you have

This isn't you is it:

You need sand bags to go slower not faster
Old 01-28-2009, 07:20 PM
LA964RS
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate when this happens, now I have to sit and wait until my pot smok'n mail man decides to deliver my mail. Could be a while...Sh*t!!!!!!

PS: Pete, I know this isn't your fault!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:55 PM
David A
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Me too, now I have to run home everyday and check the mail.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:26 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Hey fellas just a heads up... Got my copy of Excellence (April edition) which features a few rennlister's we know Pete and his crew took Blakt-out's 997S SuperCharged monster, Scargo's 997TT, SnowBoarder54's 997GT3 and our Cayman S for a few days testing (doesn't sound like fun to me)

There's a sneak preview here (only partial so check the print version):
http://www.excellence-mag.com/art1/art1p1.html
Again, congrats and to Blakt-out on building a wicked, wicked 997 (and Synergy) and of course to everyone's favorite Snowboarder54!

PS Props to everyone involved and it's fun to meet and know all these guys involved (who I met on here!).
I'm not sure the word "wicked" is what it used to be. : ) (ref: 996 becomes 997 RS)

You mention four cars, but only three in the photos? Did the S-Car-Go car break down before the photo shoot? : ) (kidding! I kid!)

Why bring an Cayman to the show? I get the idea of "what happens if you tweak already good Porsches" but isn't it a bit like a butter knife in a Glock fight?
Old 01-29-2009, 01:55 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I'm not sure the word "wicked" is what it used to be. : ) (ref: 996 becomes 997 RS)

You mention four cars, but only three in the photos? Did the S-Car-Go car break down before the photo shoot? : ) (kidding! I kid!)

Why bring an Cayman to the show? I get the idea of "what happens if you tweak already good Porsches" but isn't it a bit like a butter knife in a Glock fight?
Haha yes let's use a different word then... They've given that one a new meaning eh?

From a conceptual stand point, yes the Cayman was the underdog in terms of raw power. However as a platform and with some weight savings, performance upgrades and suspension work I think it can hold its own in some situations (Drag racing/straight line aside). The mid-engine vs 911 is always going to be a debate but I still think a Cayman with a GT3 motor, LSD, proper rear suspension (instead of those naff struts), electric power steering pump (heh) etc... could tear some 911s a new one. The car Porsche is afraid to build basically....

PS I'm going grey with age and slightly-less obsessed with crazy TT power (we actually de-tuned our 800hp by 50-60hp this week!).
Old 01-29-2009, 12:53 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT

There's a second story as a follow-up to answer the obvious ask, hence the fourth car, a 997 GT3.

Your jab at S Car Go car is ironic. There is no such thing as a perfect aftermarket tuner -- or perfect mfr, come to think of it... --- but, after several serious tests, their cars stand out in my mind as rare for never needing anything checked, fixed, turned, adjusted, etc. I'm sure there are other cases, but I haven't hit one yet. And: This time, we picked the car up from the owner on 24-hour notice, so there was no chance to "prep" it. I can't tell you how many times I've had cars fail in ways small and big from shops that had all the time in the world to prepare!

pete
Old 01-29-2009, 01:24 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Yup much props to Rob/Scargo on that TT- I know the owner and the car and it really flies!

Quick Reply: Check out Excellence Magazine in April