Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

4th Annual D/FW Toy Run sponsored by RUF

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2008 | 12:57 PM
R2R
Racer

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
dan, I'm pretty sure we can arrange something like that again...after all- we're all RUF customers and the tunnel is pretty close!
If you guys end up doing this, let me know, I'd love to do some photography of the run.
Old 12-17-2008 | 01:12 PM
Blondurant
Racer

Really hated to miss it, Hans. The blond RUF GT3 will be there next year for certain. Loaded with goodies for the kiddos, like Santa's sleigh. What do ya bet Santa drives a Cayanne at the North Pole & a Turbo when he ventures down south? RUF'd up, of course!
Old 12-17-2008 | 01:15 PM
Blondurant
Racer

dan, I'm pretty sure we can arrange something like that again...after all- we're all RUF customers and the tunnel is pretty close!
Great idea! Ring in the new year with super fine pipes. My 3 sounds pretty amazing in that tunnel. A New Year's RUF run!
Old 12-17-2008 | 06:03 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by R2R
If you guys end up doing this, let me know, I'd love to do some photography of the run.
Was over at Ruf today and Hans told me you're a photographer. Do you do video as well? A tunnel run would make for some great audio as well as photos.
Old 12-17-2008 | 07:28 PM
R2R
Racer

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
Was over at Ruf today and Hans told me you're a photographer. Do you do video as well? A tunnel run would make for some great audio as well as photos.
I haven't done video yet, but it sounds like a great idea!!! Given some notice, I probably could come up with some gear.
Old 12-17-2008 | 09:51 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Blondurant
Great idea! Ring in the new year with super fine pipes. My 3 sounds pretty amazing in that tunnel. A New Year's RUF run!
does ruf do your setup or does boardwalk?

ruf does mine
Old 12-21-2008 | 12:49 PM
Blondurant
Racer

does ruf do your setup or does boardwalk?

ruf does mine
See Jay! Hi - how ya been? I guess you could say I play the field with the service guys. That doesn't sound quite right but you get the pic. Bob with RUF did my first alignment for my Cayman S. Have spent many hours chatting with Hans about everything Porsche. They set it with an aggressive street alignment because it was my daily & track machine for a bit. I bought my car at Park Place so I used them as well - Randall (Parts Mgr) went way above & beyond for me on several occasions with different service things I did on my car. We actually jumped in his personal car once & ran up to Elliot's when we needed an adapter to wire the tail lights after installing my hitch system. Also, Jason helped me pop off the restrictor plate on the intake to desnork (some people put mesh in but we just drilled big holes right in the plate).

John with Boardwalk has been outstanding. The guy's uncanny. I have walked over to him countless times in paddock and said (literally), "Hey John, I think a thingy came loose on my car and it's making a sandy, brrrrrrupt sound." And this amazing guy knows EXACTLY what it is!!! He works his magic and voila, he fixs up my thingy and no more brrrrrupt. He's my mechanical hero. Seriously.

And then there are the guys at PST that worked like nobody's business getting my wheel stud out when it snapped in two. It was buried and was pretty tough to get out. But they never gave up and I didn't miss my next session. How cool is THAT!? However..... during the next session, I lost power steering mid Little Bend and the battery light came on. I had an instructor riding with me & he tells me by belt probably came off, no biggie. So, I limp in and wait for my night in shining armor, well knight in a shining 944 anyway. John pulls up after his session and I run over. The guy is unbuckling and doesn't even has his helmet off yet. I say, "Hey John, I lost power steering & my battery light came on when I was out. I think it's my belt, can you help me put it back on." (Notice I didn't use the word thingy - was quite proud of myself.) Anyway, HE says, "are you sure the bolt in the crank shaft pully didn't back out & shear the index pin?" And I, ever the optimist, say, "nope, I'm pretty sure we just need to pop the belt back on." I have this thing about positive thinking & the power of the spoken word. Which didn't do me a ding-dang bit of good that time. He was right, it was exactly what he said. Of course.

Todd at Topp & his crew have been pretty darn swell. And he's a cutie patootie. I was running late to the member day Friday & he mounted my race wheels for me. When I got there, he gave me some pressure advice on my Hoosiers which I had never run before. I would have waaaaaay under inflated them going by what I ran in the Pilot Sports. And oh my good heavans... I'm in love with a tire named Hoosier. 315's on the back... OMG the grip. Pushes a little though now so need to adjust the sways.

There are a few others as well, who shall go unamed, who have really taught me a lot. They know who they are. And THEN, there's always the fella who famously said, "Bok bok bwaaawaaak" when I couldn't quite decide to pull the trigger on the 3.

I count every one of these guys as friends and would trust my car (which you could also say is my life) with all of them.

In the words of Forrest Gump, that's all I have to say about that. Stay safe and drive fast! Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

m
Old 12-22-2008 | 09:57 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

oh well I guess that clarifies
Old 12-22-2008 | 10:05 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Blondurant
I guess you could say I play the field with the service guys....... Bob with RUF did my first alignment.......Have spent many hours chatting with Hans ..........Randall (Parts Mgr) went way above & beyond for me on several occasions with different service things............Jason helped me pop off the restrictor plate...........John with Boardwalk has been outstanding.........And then there are the guys at PST......Todd at Topp & his crew have been pretty darn swell.........There are a few others as well, who shall go unamed........And THEN, there's always the fella who famously said, "Bok bok bwaaawaaak" ......
I'm guessing you are a heck of alot cuter than me, since all I get is chuckles from others when my stuff falls apart

Quick Reply: 4th Annual D/FW Toy Run sponsored by RUF