Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

FS: CCW C10 wheels for 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 07:06 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3CAR
Norman, I can tell by looking at those wheels that you have made a terrible mistake and they won't fit your car. You will probably just have to give them to me. That is what friends are for......I will take them off your hands
Hey! you already have a nice set of CCW wheels! Like a dumb azz I sold mine and now need another set of track wheel so I get 'em!
Old 11-30-2008, 07:11 PM
normank
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3CAR
Norman, I can tell by looking at those wheels that you have made a terrible mistake and they won't fit your car. You will probably just have to give them to me. That is what friends are for......I will take them off your hands
Lindsay,
That is a kind and generous offer and I am going to think about it. I'm not going to think about it a lot or for long, but I will think about it.
Old 11-30-2008, 07:13 PM
normank
Racer

Originally Posted by cobrien
Thanks to you too, Norman! Glad to see they made it o.k., and hope you enjoy them! Though I'm sitting here jealous watching the snow come down knowing I've got 4+ months to go before the track opens....
Collin,
The 4 months will go very fast and I know you will busy with other (more important) things.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:47 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by normank
Collin,
The 4 months will go very fast and I know you will busy with other (more important) things.
I know, timing-wise the baby works out well....but I'm still having track withdrawals . It's already been a month, though....one down, five to go!

Again, I hope you like the CCW/Hoosier combination as much as I did! Feels like a completely different car compared to the MPSC's.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:04 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 279 Posts

Cobrien - did your c10s come with the centers painted? John sent me polished ones on my anodized grey set (love the wheels!) and they clash
Old 12-02-2008, 10:23 AM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Cobrien - did your c10s come with the centers painted? John sent me polished ones on my anodized grey set (love the wheels!) and they clash
Hey Chris,

My wheels (now Norman's )were powdercoated, not painted. I'm not sure if CCW still offers that finish as an option at all, or if it's extra $ now. John had told me he couldn't afford to keep offering powdercoating as a standard finish because of the cost.

I intentionally stayed away from anodized black because they have a tendency to turn purple after being exposed to a lot of heat . Anodized gray should be great, though!!

Sorry I couldn't be more help....
Old 12-03-2008, 02:45 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,628 Likes on 2,313 Posts

john now has a new type of anodizing called britepoint. it has a pebbled finish and doesn't turn purple.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:06 PM
cobrien
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
john now has a new type of anodizing called britepoint. it has a pebbled finish and doesn't turn purple.
That's good to hear! I wonder if the other manufacturers will go that route as well. The anodized black turning purple was universal; I've seen it on many different types of wheels at the track.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 279 Posts

I love the dark grey anodizes - it is the new britepoint - looks great and has resisted minor dings very well. Too bad John didn't make the CC10 in 19s for our cars as I would have bought a second set for the street rubber!
Old 12-05-2008, 02:45 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chris C.
I love the dark grey anodizes - it is the new britepoint - looks great and has resisted minor dings very well. Too bad John didn't make the CC10 in 19s for our cars as I would have bought a second set for the street rubber!
i got that too.
he can brite point anodize in clear silver, black, gray.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

can John brite point a used set ?. My rears are still relativly black, my fronts are no longer purple but now closer to silver
Old 12-05-2008, 11:08 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,628 Likes on 755 Posts

My gray Volk wheels have that kind of finish, but it is real hard to get the weights to stick, even with the good glue and the good foil over them, I still lose them after a day.

I wonder if I should just drive them without or keep getting them balanced...
Suggestions?

With the regular glue and tape, fine on my BBS wheels they are gone after the first session.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:14 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
My gray Volk wheels have that kind of finish, but it is real hard to get the weights to stick, even with the good glue and the good foil over them, I still lose them after a day.

I wonder if I should just drive them without or keep getting them balanced...
Suggestions?

With the regular glue and tape, fine on my BBS wheels they are gone after the first session.
my britepoints (3 sets) never had wt's fall off, ever.
i do put high temp tape over them though.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:14 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Erik
can John brite point a used set ?. My rears are still relativly black, my fronts are no longer purple but now closer to silver
i dont know, but you are so close to him, just give him a ring.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:56 PM
normank
Racer

Default On the car

Originally Posted by cobrien
I know, timing-wise the baby works out well....but I'm still having track withdrawals . It's already been a month, though....one down, five to go!

Again, I hope you like the CCW/Hoosier combination as much as I did! Feels like a completely different car compared to the MPSC's.
I finally got a chance to put them on the car and I am patiently waiting for this weekend at Moroso. Standby for the first report.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: FS: CCW C10 wheels for 997 GT3