Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Yellow GT2 wrecked in Indianapolis...anyone here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 01:34 PM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yellow GT2 wrecked in Indianapolis...anyone here?

I was going passed the Porsche dealer here in Indianapolis last night and saw a yellow GT2 parked out back with out of state plates that had a front end collision. Does this belong to anyone here?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:02 AM
Modoc
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Meeyatch1
I was going passed the Porsche dealer here in Indianapolis last night and saw a yellow GT2 parked out back with out of state plates that had a front end collision. Does this belong to anyone here?
I was at the dealer on Fri and saw the GT2. The salesman there said the car was purchased from Champion in Fl.. The owner was on his way back to Wisconsin. He let a friend drive it there in Indy. Friend lost control coming down an freeway entrance ramp and hit the right front corner on concrete retaining wall. Airbags all deployed and entire tub appears to be twisted. Dealer said car is on its way back to Champion. A very sickening site.

Joe D
Old 10-29-2008, 12:36 AM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Modoc
I was at the dealer on Fri and saw the GT2. The salesman there said the car was purchased from Champion in Fl.. The owner was on his way back to Wisconsin. He let a friend drive it there in Indy. Friend lost control coming down an freeway entrance ramp and hit the right front corner on concrete retaining wall. Airbags all deployed and entire tub appears to be twisted. Dealer said car is on its way back to Champion. A very sickening site.

Joe D
speechless
Old 10-29-2008, 01:28 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The window maker is keeping up with its nickname. 1 down is like 1% of the U.S. allocations, right?
Old 10-29-2008, 09:32 AM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
The window maker is keeping up with its nickname. 1 down is like 1% of the U.S. allocations, right?
I don't think the losses are going to be as high as with the 996. PSM will save a lot bodywork! However, using Rcomps as street tires November through April will be the big risk factor. The car doesn't really bite back unless you are really pushing or behave like a complete idiot with the loud pedal.

Quick Reply: Yellow GT2 wrecked in Indianapolis...anyone here?