Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Fabspeed Maxflow mufflers for 997 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 12:43 PM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Fabspeed Maxflow mufflers for 997 GT3

Anyone interested in trying the Fabspeed Maxflow mufflers for the 997 GT3?

I have a take off set of rear mufflers which deletes the stock center muffler on the 997 GT3. It's a direct bolt on muffler set which saves 10lbs off the rear of the car. Still uses the stock side mufflers and Sport button. Great throaty sound when sport button is pressed. Adds a few horsepower. Sounds mean above 4,000 rpm.

These mufflers were installed on a friends car for 2,000 miles and then he sold the car and converted back to stock. Still in very good condition. I have the very same mufflers installed on my car and really enjoy this low tech modification. Makes the car come alive.

This is a great way to try a center exhaust to see if this sound and modification is for you. I just want to get these out of my garage. $725 to your door or best offer. I also have a set of stock headers if anyone is interested?

Thanks
Attached Images    
Old 10-05-2008, 11:54 AM
buckdr1
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I knew it. Soon as I bought a set they'd finnally show up
Bill
Old 10-05-2008, 05:06 PM
340Elise
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is interesting, I thought that with that setup the side mufflers and center muffler would be deleted and replaced with these two???

I do understand how that works, I just assumed when I saw them on Fabspeed's website that they would delete the side mufflers. That is where you would gain another....40 lbs of weight loss without having to go to the gym!!! You can't beat that......strap on the feed bag!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:48 PM
John@Fabspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by 340Elise
That is interesting, I thought that with that setup the side mufflers and center muffler would be deleted and replaced with these two???

I do understand how that works, I just assumed when I saw them on Fabspeed's website that they would delete the side mufflers. That is where you would gain another....40 lbs of weight loss without having to go to the gym!!! You can't beat that......strap on the feed bag!
340 Elise we also have our Side Muffler Bypass Pipes available for your vehicle. They work with the stock resonator or our Fabspeed Mini-Maxflo mufflers. And you are correct..they save 40lbs. Here is a video I made last year with the Mini-Maxflo Mufflers, side muffler bypass pipes, and sport headers with 200 cell catalytic converters installed. P.M. or email Joey@fabspeed.com for more information on 997GT3/GT3RS products.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bkg0xy-y_Q
Old 10-08-2008, 11:30 AM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Default Exhaust

Trying to clean up my garage. Any takers? $625
Old 10-08-2008, 03:10 PM
carrering
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

i sent you a PM. interested here.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

This is Joe @ Fabspeed Motorsports.

I personally designed and dyno developed all the Fabspeed Motorsports parts for the cars and in particular the 997 GT3.

We tried about 4 different rear exhaust systems for the rear muffler on all 997 GT3 cars. 1st we made muffler bypass pipes (almost 1.5years ago 1st in the world) in different styles but the cars LOST -7HP at the tires and I never offered these despite the simple logic of "no muffler is better than any muffler".

Then I designed and tested 4 different styles of mini small Maxflo mufflers on the street and chassis Dyno and went with the systems that so far added +5HP over the stock 997 GT3/GT3 RS center OEM muffler.

This Maxflo has an integrated 2 into 1 style merge collector / expansion chamber where the 2 separate 997 GT3 exhaust pipes enter the muffler smoothly and collect............ and then the hot exhaust accelerates through a perforated tube that is 63.5mm 2.5" and then this outlet pipe "steps up" to a 70mm 2.75" outlet where dual 102mm 4.0" tips are atached.

This design adds power and sport car sound and saves weight off the *** end of a 997 GT3. It actually adds power over a stock 997 GT3 OEM cenetre muffler due to its time dyno developed design...........and is +12HP over straight pipes for sure. We were so upset orginally that the straight pipes lost power............but adding power and +5HP is a couple car length and -12HP is lossing many many car lengths.

Fabspeed manufactures 997 GT3 side mufflers/resonator bypass pipes to eliminate the heavy stock GT3/GT3RS side mufflers and these work on any GT3. We also were the 1st to design performance headers with F1/Indycar style merge collectors with German imported race cats.

Fabspeed also has larger tips with a bracket to mount 4" tips to a stock OEM GT3 rear muffler.

I hope this helps and clarifies what Fabspeed Motorsports has for GT3 owners.
www.Fabspeed.com

P: 215-646-4945
F: 215-646-9828

Exotic Car Performance Experts
Porsche, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW, Audi and Jaguar.

31 year PCA Club member supporter
14 year Ferrari Club member
1st ever financial supporter of Porsche Fans/ Rennlist
Old 10-14-2008, 09:09 AM
sasportas
Rennlist Member

Default Fabspeed

Can't agree more.

I've had the headers and exhaust installed for about 3 weeks.

I'm not sure how I survived with the quiet stock system for so long. An added bonus is that I can scare away any animals that might wonder onto the track.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Maxflow mufflers for 997 GT3