Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Porsche announces Tequipment paddle-shifter

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 528 Likes on 278 Posts

Still think I'll want to shift for myself, but glad they have the option for those who prefer the paddles.

Not to be contrarian, but I'm glad the Gt3 has a sunroof, and I consider myself a driver. It's a street car, and I like a sunroof on nice evenings! You hardcore purist dudes have RSs for the S/R delete option!

Old 10-04-2008, 08:06 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is already in the PET. I'll have to get the part number on Monday.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:10 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Still think I'll want to shift for myself, but glad they have the option for those who prefer the paddles.

Not to be contrarian, but I'm glad the Gt3 has a sunroof, and I consider myself a driver. It's a street car, and I like a sunroof on nice evenings! You hardcore purist dudes have RSs for the S/R delete option!

You're quite right to ask for a sunroof as an option for a street car (and the RS, like it or nor, is a street car for that matter -- the track versions of these cars are not sold in the US) but my issue is with Porsche arbitrarily making the sunroof a _mandatory_ "option." It adds to the price and the curb weight, it reduces the headroom (a relevant safety issue) and it has no justification in any nonsense about DOT compliance. Let's hope Porsche learns their lesson (by selling every GT3 they could make at full price or higher and much higher in the secondary market ... doh!)

Quick Reply: Porsche announces Tequipment paddle-shifter