rms upate update

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:12 PM
997gt3north
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default rms upate update

- you will have to read my earlier post for this to make sense

- can't say alot as the shop where the car is (dealer) listened to me and not Porsche

- from my recent experience it is now so obvious to me that Porsche is even willing to play hardball with the dealers to make this problem go away

Here are my thoughts
- we need someone who does this for a living (sharkrwerks, other) to try other seals and see if they work "over time" with no downside
- we should be trying other oils (5w40, 10w40,etc) to see if this helps with the stock seal
- we need to find out if cupcars are having this issue or is the engine different in some way
- it would be great if we have a lawyer on this board who would write a letter on all of our behalf trying to get a real answer
- i contacted NJ lemmin law area and left my info - i love the car so much i don't even want to sell it at the price i bought it for but somehow we need to elevate this issue

- "i think" i will be on a new seal and we shall see how it holds but i can't really say

- if the US banking system wasn't blowing up this would actually be a real story but sadly it is not

- my 2cents short VW stock after the insanity today
Old 09-22-2008, 10:59 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 599 Posts

variocam actuation runs off of hydrostatic columns of oil IIRC, and some heavier weight oils can actually interfere with the proper operation
Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

GTNorth, Why would Porsche play hardball with their dealers when its a well documented problem that should be easily enough litigated with a decent lawyer (an oxymoron LOL)?
It seems like given the frequency of the problem Porsche could easily be beaten on this one.
Geesh its like a 4 out of 10 and not a 1 in 10 issue.

Quick Reply: rms upate update