Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Race Ramps - look good, trailer questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 06:35 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,675 Likes on 777 Posts

Try to get someone to build a trailer with V nose and bubble like mine. We get 2 MPG or 15 MPH better than even an empty trailer with the flat front. I try to cruise at 80-85MPH, if you plan on doing 60MPH it will not matter that much.

It makes a BIG difference, next most important is the 16 ply tires and heavy axles. I put about 200000 miles on this one.
Attached Images   
Old 09-11-2008, 01:27 AM
khaug
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a trailex open trailer, easy to toe. I was thinking about storing my car on the trailer over the winter, any issue or concern about keeping the weight on the trailer for an extended period of time?

I emailed Trailex asking if there was any reason not to use the trailer for winter storage. They never responded, which I took to mean there was no problem.

The weight of the car and trailer is well within the rated capacity of the trailer. I find it difficult to imagine how this would cause the springs to flatten or fail. My experience is only one winter thus far, but I see no sign of problems developing.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:35 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've stored my 2600 lb cup car in my 28ft. Pace (5,200lb axels) for 3 years with zero sagging or problems.....

V-nose trailers, whether gooseneck or TAG, make a huge diffence in mileage and in trailer control....
Old 09-11-2008, 11:04 AM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buffaloespeed Ramps

Originally Posted by spg993tt
check out these ramp extensions. pretty neat design.

http://www.buffaloespeedenterprises.com/320086.html
they have their drag ramps and regular ramps, about 100 or 135 inches. wow. thats long. . what i find neat is the way they anchor them on sliding hinges on a pole on the back door so you can quick adjust to whatever tire width you got.

pretty neat. anyone ever use them? seems like a well thought design.
my only concer n is their being only 10inches wide. probably sufficient but man, why not 12 or 14 to handle wider tires especially sinc ethose drag cars have wicked wide setups.

SPG
I have them in my 30' TAG and they work great. My car is very low with a front splitter that I did not want to take on/off and these ramps allow me to hook on the winch cable and pulll the car in without a scrape. Its an easy DIY project and it took me perhaps 2 hours to install. Kit is complete and workmanship excellent. The only major drawback is if you have a pit box to pull out of your trailer it could be difficult due to 2-ramps instead of one folding extension. I ride my pit bike up the one ramp without issues.

No affiliation but I highly recommend them.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:12 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default Pit product s

my only concern is that width of 10 inches. not 100% but taht looks, in the photo, to be kind of narrow, especially with the 997s where the fronts and rears have different widths and the outside edges are off a bit, and where sometiems i might have to load or unload by myself , which i frickin' hate doing because its impossible to really see stuff well.

http://www.pitproducts.com/assistramps.html

her eis the product that Trailer Outlet suggested, which i bot, and well, which worked perfect. looks pretty good so far. i liek them because they store on the rear door on the inside, they seem bullet proof. they are 6 feet though we had to chop off about 3 inches to get them to fit on the inside of the door. but with i think 5 inch bumpers on the exterior side of the rear door, these puppies got the RS in and out with the Cup spoiler, no scraping. whew.

figured i'd just post up links of stuff i ran into. asyou can tell, i really dont have that much experience with many of these ramp products, i just wanted to offer up the links so everyone can review different options. so far, i like these Pit Product ramps a lot.

Originally Posted by Christian20
SPG
I have them in my 30' TAG and they work great. My car is very low with a front splitter that I did not want to take on/off and these ramps allow me to hook on the winch cable and pulll the car in without a scrape. Its an easy DIY project and it took me perhaps 2 hours to install. Kit is complete and workmanship excellent. The only major drawback is if you have a pit box to pull out of your trailer it could be difficult due to 2-ramps instead of one folding extension. I ride my pit bike up the one ramp without issues.

No affiliation but I highly recommend them.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:01 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

SPG
it is narrow but once you find the centerline all is well. For me I needed the fold-out to create the shallow approach, if the other product works go for it.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:02 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

i dig their product, i just wish it were a bit wider. they seem to do a lot of custom stuff, experts with welding alloy, so it would not surprise me if they didnt offer a custom one, just a big wider.

Originally Posted by Christian20
SPG
it is narrow but once you find the centerline all is well. For me I needed the fold-out to create the shallow approach, if the other product works go for it.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:05 PM
VERBOTN
Three Wheelin'

Worth a call

Quick Reply: Race Ramps - look good, trailer questions