Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Rear Brake replacment- Wires

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008 | 08:26 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear Brake replacment- Wires

Ok, I am in the process of replacing the rear pads. as suggested it the "Brake maintenance tread" below. everything when well, but those dam little wires were a bitch. I got them back in but a pain. Question. at some point to you have to replace that electrical hardware. as I roughed them up a bit in the process. Are then necessary to keep in. and lastly as to that spring assembly do you have to replace that as some point it looked good to me so far.

let me know what you guys do regarding the wires. Frank.
Old 08-25-2008 | 08:50 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a sensor on the end of those wires that clips into the pad....if you got the wires loose from the sensor chances are the sensor is not working....they can be replaced...when I purchased replacement oem pccb pads they came with the pads...(4) connector, wire and 2 new sensors each...part number is 99661234700...most guys change their pads long before they will see a warning light so some just tape the wires up out of the way...the ceramic disc helps with brake squeal...if you break one you can leave it out but you will have more noise...

oops..sorry don't have 997 number...might be the same part tho...
Old 08-25-2008 | 10:11 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
there is a sensor on the end of those wires that clips into the pad....if you got the wires loose from the sensor chances are the sensor is not working....they can be replaced...when I purchased replacement oem pccb pads they came with the pads...(4) connector, wire and 2 new sensors each...part number is 99661234700...most guys change their pads long before they will see a warning light so some just tape the wires up out of the way...the ceramic disc helps with brake squeal...if you break one you can leave it out but you will have more noise...

Thanks that is good to know. I am not worried about it I got them back in but they are chipped and beat up a bit, I will change pads well before the sensors kick it. After I did the first one it was not to bad knowing what to expect. I found it better to do the outside one first much better.
Old 08-25-2008 | 10:18 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

btw...the ceramic isolators not only help with squeal they actually insulate the caliper pistons from some of the heat...so it is a good idea to have them in there....
Old 08-25-2008 | 10:21 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

btw...the ceramic isolators not only help with squeal they actually insulate the caliper pistons from some of the heat...so it is a good idea to have them in there....
On the rear the only thing I saw was the plate that was attached to the pad that was welded on. if there was something else in the piston, its still there because i did not remove anything but the pad.On the front I saw little round disks on the pistons, I left them on and slid the new pads in.
Old 08-25-2008 | 11:10 PM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

on the 996 GT3 the rears have the isolators as well...I don't know about the 997...sounds like you are good to go...

Quick Reply: Rear Brake replacment- Wires