Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

salama
Old 08-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,597 Likes on 2,340 Posts

Originally Posted by CWay27
Hey Larry, what makes you think it's in the states?? My guess would be philippines
I wasn't paying attention! - didn't know the mk I's were imported there either!

cool
Old 09-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Hesperus,

Thanks for sharing.
Man, tindi naman ng mga P-cars diyan!!! walang base model.. all the top kinds!
Hey, do you have a forum there that you guys hang out ? paki PM naman.

Salamat/ happy Motoring
Old 09-25-2008, 03:33 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Hesperus,

No RT-12? Or I got you mixed up with someone else?

Thanks for the pics though. Superb rides all around.

CP
Old 09-25-2008, 05:02 PM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SICK AS HELL!!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:46 AM
daytonaviolet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great turnout pare hope to see you guys next feb.

Originally Posted by CP
Hesperus,

No RT-12? Or I got you mixed up with someone else?

Thanks for the pics though. Superb rides all around.

CP
isnt this it? picture #5

Old 09-26-2008, 07:03 AM
gt2nxt
Intermediate

Default rt12

how does the ruf rt12 stack up against the new 997GT2, modified or stock? anybody have both cars or driven them enough to be able to acess a fair back to back comparison? from what i understand, the rt12 uses the bilstein pss9's, which are tuned to ruf's specs....is that correct? otherwise, i haven't heard any superb praise for these coilovers for more than a street car upgrade not worthy of any track work. i may be wrong, so please don't shoot me down if i have wrong info here! lol. i would think that on a car like the rt12 that ruf would use remote resvr. coilovers such as motons, for ex. in any case, i'd love to hear from some experienced drivers who can compare both back to back and let me know where i have been misinformed.
in my opinion, you can't go wrong with either. both are spectacular cars.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:50 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet
great turnout pare hope to see you guys next feb.

isnt this it? picture #5

Oops missed it. My bad. I need to have my eyes check.

CP
Old 09-26-2008, 01:41 PM
hesperus
Racer

Originally Posted by gt2nxt
how does the ruf rt12 stack up against the new 997GT2, modified or stock? anybody have both cars or driven them enough to be able to acess a fair back to back comparison? from what i understand, the rt12 uses the bilstein pss9's, which are tuned to ruf's specs....is that correct? otherwise, i haven't heard any superb praise for these coilovers for more than a street car upgrade not worthy of any track work. i may be wrong, so please don't shoot me down if i have wrong info here! lol. i would think that on a car like the rt12 that ruf would use remote resvr. coilovers such as motons, for ex. in any case, i'd love to hear from some experienced drivers who can compare both back to back and let me know where i have been misinformed.
in my opinion, you can't go wrong with either. both are spectacular cars.
hi. RT12's typically would come with either Bilsteins or Ohlins. depends what the buyer wants. the Ohlins come with external reservoirs, and the car can be raised and lifted to clear inclines and other such obstacles, via a dash mounted switch.

how does it stack up vs GT2?

GT2 is more track oriented-- its harder riding, and all the controls are heavier. The RT12 is easier to drive than a stock 996TT, and comes with tires that are not very grippy, esp compared to MPSC's. oh, and the GT2 of course is RWD, whereas most RT12's are AWD. so for trackwork, i would think a GT2 is more suitable. heck, i prefer the GT3 on track, as it just feels more at home on track.

having said that the RT12 suspension can be adjusted, and no reason you can't put MPSC's on it (car in picture above is now on MPSC's). and a handful of RT12's were ordered as RWD only. also, the built in, welded roll-cage means it is noticeably more rigid than even a GT3 with the motorsports bolt-in half-cage. so you could make the RT12 a track weapon, its just that the car was not meant for that, and most of them are built more to street spec.

on the highway, there's not much comparison, as the RT12 is quite a bit faster, both top speed and acceleration. i recently hit 217mph, so its got fairly long legs.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hesperus,

Do you gents there in Phils have a forum you hangout at?
Old 10-06-2008, 11:57 AM
hesperus
Racer

there are a few local forums, but very general, and catering more to JDM stuff. at the end of the day, the Phils is still a 3rd world country, so Honda Civics, Mitsubishi Evo's and the like are far more representative of what auto enthusiasts here enjoy.

(i happen to enjoy my tuned '95 Civic just about as much as my other cars! proof is right HERE)

majority of Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo owners over here do not frequent local forums... a few of these guys hang out here or other U.S./Euro forums actually.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:03 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Cool

Originally Posted by hesperus
there are a few local forums, but very general, and catering more to JDM stuff. at the end of the day, the Phils is still a 3rd world country, so Honda Civics, Mitsubishi Evo's and the like are far more representative of what auto enthusiasts here enjoy.

(i happen to enjoy my tuned '95 Civic just about as much as my other cars! proof is right HERE)

majority of Porsche/Ferrari/Lambo owners over here do not frequent local forums... a few of these guys hang out here or other U.S./Euro forums actually.
I see. Thanks though! Would love to share stories with you guys! I've been away for sooo long... would love to catch up with the car scene there
I used to hang out in Greenhills, Ortigas & Fairview to see all the amazing cars back then. That was waaaaayyyy back when Dont want to say anymore... you might figure out how old I am

Thanks for sharing these pictures! Brings back good memories! Awesome vidoe clip by the way

Last edited by Carrera Mike; 10-10-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:39 AM
terryb
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey hesperus, I'm headed to Manila in a few weeks. Are there any events planned near the end of the month that I could attend as a spectator? Is this course anywhere near White Plains?

I stopped by the Porsche dealer in Manila last year and even back then the exchange rate made it about double US prices. Yikes!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:01 AM
nomey
7th Gear

whoa! i didn't know that there's a carrera gt in manila. i heard from someone that the owner of pga cars owns that cgt ;p
Old 10-23-2008, 12:58 PM
hesperus
Racer

Originally Posted by terryb
Hey hesperus, I'm headed to Manila in a few weeks. Are there any events planned near the end of the month that I could attend as a spectator? Is this course anywhere near White Plains?

I stopped by the Porsche dealer in Manila last year and even back then the exchange rate made it about double US prices. Yikes!
the course is around 90 minutes or so from manila... so its an out of town trip...

Originally Posted by nomey
whoa! i didn't know that there's a carrera gt in manila. i heard from someone that the owner of pga cars owns that cgt ;p
there's 2 CGT's in Manila actually...

Quick Reply: some pics from today