T- 20 minutes to my GT3 leaving.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008 | 07:32 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member
Veteran: Air Force

Received 163 Likes on 81 Posts

Old Guy:

I feel your pain, well actually I do in my lower back where as your discs are herniated mine instead are GONE (where the sciatic nerve groups come out) with nerves pinched between bone. But pain on a lighter subject I signed over my GT3 last week under a buy-back for being back in the shop for a fourth RMS. Total of 8 weeks in 11 month of ownership. If all goes well there will be a new Cayman S, optioned as I requested at my dealers Monday. They say they will have it cleaned up and ready for delivery on Tuesday, which just happens to be my 66th birthday. I drove a 997 Carrera S and found the Cayman S much more sporty and with substantially more trunk space. Golf clubs even fit in the back trunk. Fits my needs better and then there is always my wifes' Cayenne GTS.

To all those that said a prayer for my Grandson, Matthew, he is home from the hospital, the 5 cm tumor in his skull was benign, the doctors are confident they got it all. He is up and around although he needs some PT work to hone his motor skills (short term loss) and he will be six years old tomorrow. The power of prayer.... and to all that read this as "old Guy" and I talked about see the movie Bucket List and live every day as if it were the last. Life can be so short. I went to a funeral for a friend that was six months younger than me today. Thanks to all Jack
Old 08-22-2008 | 07:38 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldGuy
OK I changed my mind. I was imagining a night with one of these Rhythmic Gymnasts might be pretty good. I had a regular gymnast GF in college and things happened I never thought possible. My Penthouse moments.
Ok I have lost it.
FWIW Vlad Putin left his wife for a World Champion Rhythmic Gymnast. Won Gold in Athens 2004. No guy can watch this stuff without a fantasy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mam9dYyXv6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A95FLmJnEZo&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut_j0...eature=related
Old 08-22-2008 | 07:40 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Old Guy:

I feel your pain, well actually I do in my lower back where as your discs are herniated mine instead are GONE (where the sciatic nerve groups come out) with nerves pinched between bone. But pain on a lighter subject I signed over my GT3 last week under a buy-back for being back in the shop for a fourth RMS. Total of 8 weeks in 11 month of ownership. If all goes well there will be a new Cayman S, optioned as I requested at my dealers Monday. They say they will have it cleaned up and ready for delivery on Tuesday, which just happens to be my 66th birthday. I drove a 997 Carrera S and found the Cayman S much more sporty and with substantially more trunk space. Golf clubs even fit in the back trunk. Fits my needs better and then there is always my wifes' Cayenne GTS.

To all those that said a prayer for my Grandson, Matthew, he is home from the hospital, the 5 cm tumor in his skull was benign, the doctors are confident they got it all. He is up and around although he needs some PT work to hone his motor skills (short term loss) and he will be six years old tomorrow. The power of prayer.... and to all that read this as "old Guy" and I talked about see the movie Bucket List and live every day as if it were the last. Life can be so short. I went to a funeral for a friend that was six months younger than me today. Thanks to all Jack
God Bless, it truly is amazing how good things can happen
Old 08-22-2008 | 07:52 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,326 Likes on 617 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
God Bless, it truly is amazing how good things can happen

This is the best news in all of these threads and posts....

Cars are cool, but kids are something else entirely!

pete
Old 08-22-2008 | 07:55 PM
peterC4C
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OG:

You tell me not to sell mine and you sell yours before I do.
Old 08-22-2008 | 08:48 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

THe truck came and left. I watched my GT3 Go around the corner and off to Freemont
But left in the drive way was the AMG. I sat in it and it felt SO big. HOWEVER after driving it
if FEELS small almost like a GT3! Its great but I cant light up the tires yet. I dont know the
break in procedure. BUT man you can FEEL THE torque. Very well apointed.
Old 08-22-2008 | 08:59 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by f4 plt
Old Guy:To all those that said a prayer for my Grandson, Matthew, he is home from the hospital, the 5 cm tumor in his skull was benign, the doctors are confident they got it all. He is up and around although he needs some PT work to hone his motor skills (short term loss) and he will be six years old tomorrow. The power of prayer.... and to all that read this as "old Guy" and I talked about see the movie Bucket List and live every day as if it were the last. Life can be so short. I went to a funeral for a friend that was six months younger than me today. Thanks to all Jack
Ah, the power of prayer. Truly amazing...

OG, again congrats and all the best with your surgery and recovery!
Old 08-22-2008 | 09:01 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Allegretto. I am pretty sure my pp would be ripped off in some of those moves
yark Cayman was thought of. but I would still have to get up and out that hurts.
Old 08-23-2008 | 01:15 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Allegretto. I am pretty sure my pp would be ripped off in some of those moves
yark Cayman was thought of. but I would still have to get up and out that hurts.
Where are the pictures damn it!!
Old 08-23-2008 | 02:14 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

OK OK I will take them and post them on a different thread. Damn car takes a rocket scientist to to everything activated sirius BLue tooth garage door opener SHHHHEeeeeesh!!
Old 08-23-2008 | 03:55 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Its great but I cant light up the tires yet. I dont know the
break in procedure. BUT man you can FEEL THE torque. Very well apointed.
Paul, I think I read someplace where it is okay to light up the tires before the break in was complete as long as you take photos and post them!!
Old 08-23-2008 | 03:59 PM
jenk12m
Banned

go ahead and light those tires up
Old 08-25-2008 | 11:14 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

Paul,

Sorry for the hi-jack, but my best wishes go out to f4 plt and Mathew. Kids are THE most precious resource on earth, as far as I am concerned. Cherish this miracle kid for ever.

CP
Old 08-25-2008 | 11:22 PM
AndreCT
Racer

Originally Posted by CP
Paul,

Sorry for the hi-jack, but my best wishes go out to f4 plt and Mathew. Kids are THE most precious resource on earth, as far as I am concerned. Cherish this miracle kid for ever.

CP
+1,000,000

Apologies.. good luck OG.. and prayers to Matthew! My guy is 6 and I cannot imagine!!

Quick Reply: T- 20 minutes to my GT3 leaving.