New RMS TB posted?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 02:04 PM
chardonet
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RMS TB posted?

I was advised by my service advisor that a new TB is out on the RMS situation:

Without going into specifics, he stated that there is a new alignment tool that will be used when the seal is replaced. He also stated that he couldn't share any more details than that.

Has anyone heard about this, and how will just using another alignment tool resolve the issue?

I have to take my GT3 in very soon. Any input will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:10 PM
flash1034
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huhhhh? Sounds fishy to me. I'd be more concerned about the pegged oil pressure guage than a misaligned seal.

Flash
Old 07-25-2008, 06:57 PM
sjgreco
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There was a new tool introduced several months ago that was suppose to correct RMS leaks, but as you probably know it did not fix the problem. If there is a new tool coming then it would be a new attempt to repair RMS leaks by using a "better" tool. From what I know and have read, the cause of the leaks is the seal because it does not have a tight seal against the crank case, especially if the car is not driven often. The seal is only tight when the vacum from the running motor holds it tight against the crank case. It has something to do with venting the motor to gain additional horsepower at high RPM's. I hope Porsche can come up with a solution, good luck.

Quick Reply: New RMS TB posted?