Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Radar Detector Broken - Gas Mileage Skyrockets

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 12:23 AM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Radar Detector Broken - Gas Mileage Skyrockets

My Valentine One decided to give an error message and to stop giving alerts about 2 weeks ago. It has been sent to the manufacturer for repair. In the meantime, the gas mileage on my GT3 has risen dramatically, from 13.8 to 17.3 mpg.

I miss my Valentine One!
Old 07-22-2008, 12:43 AM
deutschmick
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 84 Posts

Sorry about the V1; they're hard to live without.

I've had a total of three of them over the years (two of them gifted to my sons). Two of the three have been sent to back to the manufacturer for upgrades/repair and their turn-around time is quick; less than a week IIRC.

No upside other than better fuel economy.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 AM
fuenfer
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

My V1 has been sent back twice for repair. Both times, it would appear to be functioning just fine (i.e., the lights would come on, it would start-up properly, etc.) but it wouldn't actually pick up radar. This would typically happen after the detector would get really hot all on its own (i.e., no sunlight).

I started thinking it wasn't working right when I'd drive past cops on the freeway and I'd get no hits. So I drove by a few radar signs in my local area, where my detector would usually go nuts. Nothing.

Sent it back to V1 and they fixed it (it's long out of its warranty period) for free and sent it back. Twice. I have to say their customer service was great, but I'm having a hard time trusting my V1 now - I'm definitely gonna upgrade it when the next upgrade version is available.

Quick Reply: Radar Detector Broken - Gas Mileage Skyrockets