Front suspension locked

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fc-racer
Hi Brian, do you have any update on this? I've noticed that my front shocks clunk over bumps and also make a squeaky noise. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
I took mine in to the dealer, Carlsen. They noted the problem and had it fixed the next day. I picked it up after hours this weekend, so I didn't get a chance to talk to anyone about what they found. I'm told the "serviced a PASM(sic)." But I know they didn't do the alignment, so they didn't remove a strut, so the service was maybe drenching things in WD40 or silicon lube until the noise went away?

ps. The loaner was an '09 Cayenne V6 (direct injection, new DVD touchscreen nav) and I have to say Porsche has really improved that car over the years.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:20 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I was gonna say drench it in WD 40 but on a GT3 I would be a bit leary.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:28 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I took mine in to the dealer, Carlsen. They noted the problem and had it fixed the next day. I picked it up after hours this weekend, so I didn't get a chance to talk to anyone about what they found. I'm told the "serviced a PASM(sic)." But I know they didn't do the alignment, so they didn't remove a strut, so the service was maybe drenching things in WD40 or silicon lube until the noise went away?
Thanks for the info, please let us know what they did and if it worked. The clunky I can live with (probably just the metal strut tops), but the squeaking is annoying!

Quick Reply: Front suspension locked