Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Red 2007 GT3 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008 | 10:13 PM
FL Porsche
Rennlist Member

Default fire extinguisher brackets

These are from Brey-Kraus... 3 different brackets make up the entire installation. 2 difft ones for the base (under seat) 1 is the quick disconnect.
If you call them and ask for a passenger side installation, they can help out.
Old 07-04-2008 | 03:53 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Originally Posted by nat3970
I may stand corrected, however unless market has shifted dramatically in last 60 days the 97K number for low mileage GT3 is simply not reflective of current market. Purchased my fully loaded GT3 at full MSRP and had 2 potential transactions fall through just prior to the successful transaction, as other buyers came in and bought the car out from underneath me.

IMHO market has not changed that much in such short period of time. Let me put it this way, anyone who's looking to sell a well equiped GT3 with low mileage for $97 K let me know. If I don't buy it from you, I can probably find you a buyer in short order!
miles were off but the price was correct. it was a 8+/-k mile base car with silver paint option.
Old 07-05-2008 | 03:52 AM
nat3970
Advanced

Originally Posted by ohenryinatlanta
miles were off but the price was correct. it was a 8+/-k mile base car with silver paint option.
Ohenry for curiosity was it a retail sale or trade in?

To date the lowest priced 997 GT3 I've seen on sale (retail) was approx $103K and that car had 18K miles. I have to confess that I'm not up to speed with market in last 60 days, but for 2-3 months prior to that there probably wasn't a GT3 on either coast that I did not at least consider or often times spoke with owner or dealer leading up to the purchase of my black GT3 in late April...
Old 07-05-2008 | 09:28 AM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

it was from a private seller. if i recall correctly, i had contacted cosmo about his car which had already been sold. he passed along the lead. it was advertised on autotrader for a short period.

there are so few private cars for sale and the dealers seem to be holding out for sticker plus but nothing is selling up there, imho.

i have been shopping for one and getting shown stuff $3-5 under msrp for anything that stickered $115k and up. they are all either out west or not my choice of color/options.

rpmsportscars (or whatever that dealer is in texas) bought that black gt3 he has at sticker ($123kmsrp) from a guy in asheville and has it advertised at way above that. good luck trying to flip that car.

understandably, market is soft all over. even seems like the fcars are coming in.

To date the lowest priced 997 GT3 I've seen on sale (retail) was approx $103K and that car had 18K miles. I have to confess that I'm not up to speed with market in last 60 days, but for 2-3 months prior to that there probably wasn't a GT3 on either coast that I did not at least consider or often times spoke with owner or dealer leading up to the purchase of my black GT3 in late April...
Old 07-05-2008 | 11:54 AM
nat3970
Advanced

Originally Posted by ohenryinatlanta
it was from a private seller. if i recall correctly, i had contacted cosmo about his car which had already been sold. he passed along the lead. it was advertised on autotrader for a short period.

there are so few private cars for sale and the dealers seem to be holding out for sticker plus but nothing is selling up there, imho.

i have been shopping for one and getting shown stuff $3-5 under msrp for anything that stickered $115k and up. they are all either out west or not my choice of color/options.

rpmsportscars (or whatever that dealer is in texas) bought that black gt3 he has at sticker ($123kmsrp) from a guy in asheville and has it advertised at way above that. good luck trying to flip that car.

understandably, market is soft all over. even seems like the fcars are coming in.
Now that you mention there could also be some west coast / east coast market price/availablity differences at play. When I was in the market my general sense was that there were a lot more GT3's available on West Coast (I'm in Pacific Nothwest) than on the east coast. Interestingly enough there were a couple on the east coast that I was very interested in (blue one in DC area comes to mind) but the logistics of checking the car out and transportation disuaded me from going down that path.

Anyhow should be interesting to see what happens with market over next 12-18 months. On one hand general economic conditions as you say are understandably making market soft all over, on the other hand no new GT3's will be available from Porsche for at least a year, if not two (?), which you would think would "prop up" the current 997 and even 996 GT3 prices...
Old 07-05-2008 | 12:06 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

a CA 7gt3 sold last month from official dealer at 115k. msrp was 119k or so.
3000 miles
Old 07-05-2008 | 04:55 PM
nat3970
Advanced

Originally Posted by mooty
a CA 7gt3 sold last month from official dealer at 115k. msrp was 119k or so.
3000 miles
That sounds about right for current market. I think 2-3 months ago everyone was asking and getting MSRP. Looks like market has softned a bit so maybe few thou below msrp for low mileage car, but not really much downward movement beyond that...
Old 07-05-2008 | 06:27 PM
flash1034
Pro

That sounds about right for current market. I think 2-3 months ago everyone was asking and getting MSRP. Looks like market has softned a bit so maybe few thou below msrp for low mileage car, but not really much downward movement beyond that...
I agree. That would be for a low/no option car. From what Ive seen, the high option cars are still bringing a premium. Also, the recent magazine tests featuring the new GT2 still ring praise on the GT3s over the GT2 so I think the GT3 will continue to be the benchmark Porsche to own/drive.

Flash
Old 07-05-2008 | 07:52 PM
am722
Drifting

Originally Posted by flash1034
I agree. That would be for a low/no option car. From what Ive seen, the high option cars are still bringing a premium. Also, the recent magazine tests featuring the new GT2 still ring praise on the GT3s over the GT2 so I think the GT3 will continue to be the benchmark Porsche to own/drive.

Flash
I know ebay is by no means a perfect economy, but being a pretty obsessive tracker of secondary market gt3s it looks like the last month or so has seen the premium disappear for the most part. Most of the cars on ebay are not getting within a few thousand of msrp. If that trend continues through the winter I may have to pick up an '07...
Old 07-05-2008 | 10:15 PM
nat3970
Advanced

Originally Posted by flash1034

Flash
Saw two of those articles (don't know if the same ones you saw)

One was in GTPorsche June 2008 Issue entitled: Face Off GT2 First UK Drive, GT3 Farewell Drive, But Only One True Great:

Artilce concluding remark "The new 911 GT2 is a remarkable achievement, a genuine supercar with the performance to match and worthy of heading the 911 range, but for us its not the best 997 derivative (that accolade still goes to the remarkable 997 GT3)

Other article in Total 911 - The Porsche Magazine - June 2008 Issue Entitled 997 Turbo or GT3? Two great Porsches, both 997's but very different. Which one should you buy?

Article concluding remarks: "There you have it: there're two wonderful cars, and two wonderful examples of the Porsche 911, each with its own distinct personality. Either one is almost certain to make a Porsche fan very happy, and to provide many years of enjoyment. But for me, as you've probably guessed there is only one winner.
The GT3 encapsulates everything that's great about the Porsche 911; everything that a 911 should be. It is useable, brimming with character, practical (just), fast, and quick on the road and track. It has that essential link between the company's motorsports products of the moment, and the technology on it is both derived from, and provided for, a life on the circuit. That is works well on the road is a massive bonus.Ultimately, it answers the question I get asked the most though being lucky enough to do this job. "What one car would you buy above all others?" "A white 997 GT3 Club Sport" is always my reply. "Given the chance, I wouldn't want to leave home without it.." 911

I'm biased of couse..., but I think they both hit the nail on the head....

Quick Reply: Red 2007 GT3 for sale