Very fun two days at Shannonville

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 01:09 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very fun two days at Shannonville

Hi all,

I wanted to share with you one of the most fun experiences I’ve had in recent memory. It was at Shannonville Raceway the past two days. Kumho Tire Canada was hosting an event for its dealers to showcase their broad selection of tires as well as to introduce a few new tires. On-hand were engineers from Kumho as well as the president and the regional head.

The dealers got a great assortment of tire/car combos to try out throughout the day including Mini’s, C-class benz’s and Mustangs. The folks from ProFormance Driving Schools ran that portion of the event and the participants were having a blast around the Nelson circuit.

They had four of us as hired or “pro” drivers as they called us (ha-ha) to take the dealers out for rides closer to the limits of the tires and cars. The “pro” drivers had the choice of four cars:

2008 Audi RS4 on Kumho MX street tires
2008 BMW 335 on Kumho V70A race tires
2008 Subaru WRX on Kumho V70A race tires
2004 Nissan Sentra Spec Racer on Kumho V700 Victoracer

Since I drove the Audi RS4 down to Shannonville, I started with that car and did not give the keys back throughout the two days; I fell in love with that beast. Even though it was on street tires, the car was incredible on-track. The participants were in awe at the car’s abilities and more importantly, astonished at the grip of the street tires! I think the RS4 would make a perfect companion to the GT3. Indeed, the drive home in the GT3 felt a bit agricultural after the refinement of the RS4.

I hope Kumho invites me back in the future, it was an incredible experience and the smiles on the participants faces when they got out of the car after the hot laps was priceless. Some pics:

Old 06-12-2008, 05:31 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you had a good time

Quick Reply: Very fun two days at Shannonville