Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

18" Toyo R888's have transformed the car

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:34 AM
Erik
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally got to try the 255-315 combo after 2 sets of 245-305's (both R888's). It took a little getting used to; I no longer had to wait as long for the car to transfer it's weight before I could get on the throttle, so overall I loved the new combo. My only gripe was the VERY slow turns, where I could not get the car to stop from understeering. The car felt great with high speed turns (not like stock, where the car would severely understeer in high speed turns), but I had major issues at the hairpin at Homestead. I loosened the the swaybar all the way up in front to no avail. I tried soft spring, hard spring, TC on, TC off, but basically could not get the car to rotate even with the most severe trailbraking. The good thing was that this is a VERY slow turn, but the bad thing was that it leads to a straight away, and I could not get on the gas. Will have to experiment with a GT2 rear sway bar if the problem persists. I was running approx 36F, 38R hot
Old 04-30-2008, 10:54 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,636 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Originally Posted by Erik
I finally got to try the 255-315 combo after 2 sets of 245-305's (both R888's). It took a little getting used to; I no longer had to wait as long for the car to transfer it's weight before I could get on the throttle, so overall I loved the new combo. My only gripe was the VERY slow turns, where I could not get the car to stop from understeering. The car felt great with high speed turns (not like stock, where the car would severely understeer in high speed turns), but I had major issues at the hairpin at Homestead. I loosened the the swaybar all the way up in front to no avail. I tried soft spring, hard spring, TC on, TC off, but basically could not get the car to rotate even with the most severe trailbraking. The good thing was that this is a VERY slow turn, but the bad thing was that it leads to a straight away, and I could not get on the gas. Will have to experiment with a GT2 rear sway bar if the problem persists. I was running approx 36F, 38R hot
i have the same exp.
i have to either slow way down on entry or let the car drift sideways and make the turn like rally cars.
Old 04-30-2008, 01:04 PM
lawjdc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Understeer seems to be exaggerated in the RS cars. My GT3 now is wonderfuly neutral and is as easy to toss around as my '73 S was.
Old 04-30-2008, 07:34 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how is your suspension set-up?...lawjdc

Quick Reply: 18" Toyo R888's have transformed the car