Old 04-24-2008, 05:56 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default another mod- sorta!

With all the tweaking that we've done on our shop car one thing that's been very sadly lagging is to actually "fix" the alignment. We could all write essays on why and how our GT3/RS' are delivered rather poorly in terms of the alignment set up. Needless to say a couple of hours spent at our friends at TCDesign and the car is a different animal. The turn in, the corner set up and balance is so much improved- even on the street. It should be on the track for a shoot this coming week so you'll be getting a good report then but what a difference and I can't stress enough to folks to go and get it checked out/adjusted. It certainly makes such a lovable car even more fun.

For guys in the Bay Area with GT3/GT3RS' I can't say enough good things about Tony/Joe @TC Design. They really _are_ suspension gurus, we know it Mooty knows it, JWGT2 knows it as do a lot of our customers. For those that don't, now you know it Sorry for stating the obvious for the guys that already go there or have had your alignments dialed in. I left mine "stock" too long!

Last edited by sharkster; 04-25-2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:29 PM
yss
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you share how it is set up?
was it corner balanced? if so - how much on each corner?
Old 04-24-2008, 07:09 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,784 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by yss
can you share how it is set up?
was it corner balanced? if so - how much on each corner?
it doesn't work that way.
you explain to tony how YOU drive your car then he sets it up for YOU.
i have him come out drive my car then watch how i abuse the car, then after he scolds me how incompetent my driving is, he sets the car to make me faster.

i think alignment is an art, not just numbers. as based on the driver, the car's use, and the mods the car has had and driver improvement, he continues to dial and change my set up.

for those in the bay area, unless YOU do your own alignment, i cannot figure out why they dont take their car to TCD. dealers using FAMOUS machines are often out of tolerance on the machines.

ok, i shut up

oh, his tow hooks act as bumper protection. you back your car into mine. you will have a BIG dent on your bumper and my will be just the same, LOL. i never take the hook out. i like to use it as weapon.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:34 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mooty
it doesn't work that way.
you explain to tony how YOU drive your car then he sets it up for YOU.
i have him come out drive my car then watch how i abuse the car, then after he scolds me how incompetent my driving is, he sets the car to make me faster.

i think alignment is an art, not just numbers. as based on the driver, the car's use, and the mods the car has had and driver improvement, he continues to dial and change my set up.

for those in the bay area, unless YOU do your own alignment, i cannot figure out why they dont take their car to TCD. dealers using FAMOUS machines are often out of tolerance on the machines.

ok, i shut up

oh, his tow hooks act as bumper protection. you back your car into mine. you will have a BIG dent on your bumper and my will be just the same, LOL. i never take the hook out. i like to use it as weapon.
Green means Go is the term for those machines eh? I just happen to like Tony's way/method better. It's like you go in, tell him what sort of driving you do, where and how and then together you agree on a set up and he dials it in... It's certainly unique in today's world of the 50K racks...
Old 04-24-2008, 07:39 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,784 Likes on 2,371 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
Green means Go is the term for those machines eh? I just happen to like Tony's way/method better. It's like you go in, tell him what sort of driving you do, where and how and then together you agree on a set up and he dials it in... It's certainly unique in today's world of the 50K racks...
oh... he treats you better.
he doesn't bother telling me what set up. he just tells me to drive the damn car and go faster. keeps telling me "let the brake go... now.. like now..."
Old 04-24-2008, 07:50 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

I need to talk to you Sharky
Old 04-24-2008, 08:15 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by mooty
oh... he treats you better.
he doesn't bother telling me what set up. he just tells me to drive the damn car and go faster. keeps telling me "let the brake go... now.. like now..."
LOL! I'm just really glad he helped make you like that car so much again

They are really good people and likely a dying breed....
Old 04-24-2008, 11:57 PM
tcracer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Alex! Joe and I try very hard to make every customer happy. Mooty it is time for me to drove your car, I mean instruct you again

-tony
Old 04-25-2008, 01:00 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony, you have pm..
Old 04-25-2008, 01:58 AM
GT3 Chuck
Rennlist Member

hey, Sharkster...want to do the LWFW...is there anyone in norcal that can do the gears?..thanks..
Old 04-25-2008, 02:14 AM
JWGT2
Rennlist Member

Tony & Joe @ TC Design are the ONLY ones who touch the alignment on my RS and Cayman. Like Mooty/Sharky said, TCD will dial your alignment based on your individual needs. They even align my daily driver (M5)!!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:06 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
hey, Sharkster...want to do the LWFW...is there anyone in norcal that can do the gears?..thanks..
Hey Chuck, good to hear from you and for sure... easy as pie. Which way do you want to go? Alu or factory RS parts? Drop james@sharkwerks.com and Email about the gearing stuff too if you like...
Old 04-25-2008, 12:38 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,319 Likes on 613 Posts

Alex,

How's next week looking for you? Think you can scrounge up a stocker?

pete
Old 04-25-2008, 01:29 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by excmag
Alex,

How's next week looking for you? Think you can scrounge up a stocker?

pete
Lookin' good Pete... I know we've meddled with a few so I'll see about a "stocker" heh... Shouldn't be too hard. Just ask me what color
Old 04-25-2008, 01:32 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by tcracer
Thanks Alex! Joe and I try very hard to make every customer happy. Mooty it is time for me to drove your car, I mean instruct you again

-tony
Hey Tony, absolutely and we respect you so much for that because it's very hard to do that Gotta figure out how to make those porky turbos handle now....

Quick Reply: another mod- sorta!