Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

C.J. Ichiban Immortalized

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 01:11 AM
am722
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate to do this OG, but just so you know...Rennlist is taking the money from you guys paying for memberships and putting it right in their pocket.
Uh, so what? I spend at least as much time on RL than I do watching TV, and yet I still pay the cable company every month. I'm sending in my check this week, and frankly I don't care what they do with the money. I like this place, and 17 bucks is a bargain.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:12 AM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnozzberry
I hate to do this OG, but just so you know...Rennlist is taking the money from you guys paying for memberships and putting it right in their pocket.

I can 100% guarantee you this site makes plenty of money from the advertisements, maybe even so much that money goes right to the ole' pocket.

The "Rennlist member" is there only to make the people who have paid feel all macho and be able talk down to others who have not paid.

That is all.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:21 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,703 Likes on 2,342 Posts

Originally Posted by Schnozzberry

I can 100% guarantee you this site makes plenty of money from the advertisements, maybe even so much that money goes right to the ole' pocket.

The "Rennlist member" is there only to make the people who have paid feel all macho and be able talk down to others who have not paid.

That is all.
well what do you expect.
if i own RL, i'll be charging everyone a much much much higher membership fee and i WILL put it in my pocket. what's wrong with that??? i actually dont understand why jen john not charging 10x more....
Old 03-31-2008, 12:11 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

well what do you expect.
if i own RL, i'll be charging everyone a much much much higher membership fee and i WILL put it in my pocket. what's wrong with that??? i actually dont understand why jen john not charging 10x more....
Old 03-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

apexstalker - thanks for editing your post. Else I would have had to delete it. Dream and Schnoz - users are free to enjoy the site. Members have some additional privileges, one of which is the ability to sell personal items via the largest group of Porsche Enthusiasts in the world. If you think that advertisers are paying for the operation of this site, think again. Do you know any Porsche Tuners that are a big business? Maybe RUF, but probably not the site sponsors we have here.

So, relax, enjoy Rennlist and simply follow the rules. You know, the same ones you agreed to when you signed up and no doubt read the "terms of service".

Old Guy and others did Apex a service in pointing out that his post was a no-no. Else it would have simply been deleted by a mod.

Regards,
Old 03-31-2008, 01:35 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OldGUY: I am not a Mariner fan... Grew up in Mass. I hope CJ has a great time in Seattle.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:56 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Roberga I didnt care. I was just clowin'
I hope the Rangers do well I have had 36 years of mediocrity and I hope this year they can solve the puzzle.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:20 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

No worries. hope you do not have to wait as long as my DAD did for your team to win it all. He was 80 when they won.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:22 PM
ex10psi
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
OldGUY: I am not a Mariner fan... Grew up in Mass. I hope CJ has a great time in Seattle.
roberga, come on man!! you seemed like such a great guy when we met at PIR in Feb... and now i'm not sure, esp after this "i am not a mariner fan" comment.

we're big mariners fans and plan to be there this afternoon for opening day! have a great time in seattle CJ, but not too great of a time please!!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

psi: might see you there. I love baseball. Have had season tickets since the dome days. I love pain so I will stay with the Sox. If I stayed a fan from the 60-s to last year, I am not switching. Beantown teams for life. Better or worse. Are you going to PIR next week? April 5th is a PCA day. I am going to Pacific tomorrow for an hour of test and tune time during the SCCA class lunch break. I will be instructing in Portland next week.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:51 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

EIGHTY!!?? Jeesh at least I have the Cowboys and One NHL title in Dallas in 1999.
No NBA title (Dallas fan NOT san Antonio!(thanks REFS!! in MIAMI Game 3 of the finals Wade 25 FT WHOLE Dallas team 24 FT??!!)) and one college Title UT over USC.
So I stand pat with the Rangers. You know youre going to be let down but you keep
hoping for the non train wreck.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:57 PM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Boston did OK in NBA until the Len Bias OD. The last few years have been pretty good for football and baseball.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:04 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I dont know if I would be happy with the Pats titles right now.

Red Sox are another matter in 04 probably the baseball story of the decade!!
I dont know if I will ever forget the 04 LCS- down 0-3 and win??!! Schilling bleeding all
over the place!! I got a Question: how does a Baseball player get hurt? I mean really
you never see Pro bowlers get hurt or bleeding!!
Hope CJ dont see this but as a softball player I used to dive into chain link fences to catch a ball. These guys dive into grass as soft as Augusta and padded walls with
Charmin then they cant get upl We would be bleeding and have to play 12 more games that weekend
Old 03-31-2008, 06:13 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
apexstalker - thanks for editing your post. Else I would have had to delete it. Dream and Schnoz - users are free to enjoy the site. Members have some additional privileges, one of which is the ability to sell personal items via the largest group of Porsche Enthusiasts in the world. If you think that advertisers are paying for the operation of this site, think again. Do you know any Porsche Tuners that are a big business? Maybe RUF, but probably not the site sponsors we have here.

So, relax, enjoy Rennlist and simply follow the rules. You know, the same ones you agreed to when you signed up and no doubt read the "terms of service".

Old Guy and others did Apex a service in pointing out that his post was a no-no. Else it would have simply been deleted by a mod.

Regards,

I think he (Old Guy) came off as kinda of rude in pointing that out. Some people have no tact
Old 03-31-2008, 06:24 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by SA Mike
I think he (Old Guy) came off as kinda of rude in pointing that out. Some people have no tact
opinions and orifices..... I say

Quick Reply: C.J. Ichiban Immortalized