Notices
997 GT2/GT3 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche North Houston

Luxury Modified Exotics Teaser (3 GT3RS on the Cover!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Fred TTX50
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Luxury Modified Exotics Teaser (3 GT3RS on the Cover!!)

We got early editions in the mail and they will officially hit bookstores in a couple weeks (May issue)

Here is a scanned copy (sorry for ****ty quality).

Alex car on the left, me in the middle, and James car on the right. It's a 7 page thread!

Thanks to Colum the editor and Mike Photographer for the great spread.

To subscribe to the magazine head over to: https://store.primediamags.com/subsc...e/10013/I7EBAN
Old 03-19-2008, 08:29 PM
daytonaviolet
Racer

awesome congrats Fred and Alex!!!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Very cool & congrats.
It will sure make people GREEN WITH ENVY!
Old 03-19-2008, 08:56 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Very cool & congrats.
It will sure make people GREEN WITH ENVY!

ROFL thanks and it's not easy beaing green

Shhh... Just got a copy guys and seriously they did a fantastic job with the pictures (www.mikemaez.com) and the story (cheers Colum). Really turned out nice and it was crazy seeing the three of us in greeners hog the road and other spots They got the gist of the whole GT3/GT3RS experience so for anyone with those cars this is going be a fun read.

I believe the Issue should be out on store shelves in the next week or so... Otherwise subsribers have them in some areas.

3.8L? What 3.8L... LOL! Once the it's been on store shelves for a while I'll be sure to fill you guys in on all of it. They've got some pictures, descriptions and results of how the whole project went. I know Fred, JWGT2 and Snowboarder54 are the only ones thus far to have driven it so you can always ask them.

Also one VERY big thank you to Frec C and James W for just being so supportive over the years- I'm glad we got all three sandwiched in there! There can't be too many stories with 3 Green RS'....And thanks as ever (always?) to our friend Bob @ AutoConcierge for detailing the cars in order to look the business for the shoot!

UPDATE: Gotten a few Emails on the 3.8 stuff, yes we will release the full kit and I'll have a full write up on the guts of the motor etc.. but only after the folks at MLE have their play with it. The results were encouraging for sure (displacement is a wonderful thing as they said) on 91 and 93 octane. It was/is a fun project and the plan is to do 3 local cars first (we've got about 5K on Kermit as of now) as well as EVO doing two out in AZ and then go live. We tried everything we could to get power out of this car and honestly it's very tough indeed with bolt-ons to get anything. We tried several differnt configurations with after-market headers/cats but the stock headers really are a cut above the rest and in some cases we lost power on the dyno while tuning. Let's face it NA-tuning is a lot harder than the TT side. With a TT it's not really that hard to make power by designing an exhaust set up that's more free-flowing, has less back-pressure etc... You'll get quicker spool/more boost and hence more power. Borrowing on our experience building TT motors (especially 3.8s) we felt the best way to eke out real hp and torque was with motor-work.

Last edited by sharkster; 03-20-2008 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:56 PM
Snowboarder54
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sharkster
ROFL thanks and it's not easy beaing green

Shhh... Just got a copy guys and seriously they did a fantastic job with the pictures (www.mikemaez.com) and the story (cheers Colum). Really turned out nice and it was crazy seeing the three of us in greeners hog the road and other spots They got the gist of the whole GT3/GT3RS experience so for anyone with those cars this is going be a fun read.

I believe the Issue should be out on store shelves in the next week or so... Otherwise subsribers have them in some areas.

3.8L? What 3.8L... LOL! Once the it's been on store shelves for a while I'll be sure to fill you guys in on all of it. They've got some pictures, descriptions and results of how the whole project went. I know Fred, JWGT and Snowboarder54 are the only ones thus far to have driven it so you can always ask them.

Also one VERY big thank you to Frec C and James W for just being so supportive over the years- I'm glad we got all three sandwiched in there! There can't be too many stories with 3 Green RS'....And thanks as ever (always?) to our friend Bob @ AutoConcierge for detailing the cars in order to look the business for the shoot!

UPDATE: Gotten a few Emails on the 3.8 stuff, yes we will release the full kit and I'll have a full write up on the guts of the motor etc.. but only after the folks at MLE have their play with it. The results were encouraging for sure (displacement is a wonderful thing as they said) on 91 and 93 octane. It was/is a fun project and the plan is to do 3 local cars first (we've got about 5K on Kermit as of now) as well as EVO doing two out in AZ and then go live. We tried everything we could to get power out of this car and honestly it's very tough indeed with bolt-ons so we felt motor-work was the next logical step.

Sharkster, me next!!!! life hasn't been the same since driving Kermit after the converstion!! hehe, have you had to change the rear tires yet??
Old 03-20-2008, 12:28 AM
Fred TTX50
Instructor

and here is Mike taking the cover shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WremhLT780
Old 03-20-2008, 12:49 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,272 Likes on 612 Posts

awesome!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:01 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
awesome!
Thanks CJ.. looks like you're into the 3.8 stuff yourself
Old 03-20-2008, 01:02 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by daytonaviolet
awesome congrats Fred and Alex!!!
Thanks buddy, we're letting loose another White friend for you tomorrow (Exhaust/LWF) and I believe Kevin is getting his Saturday so there's more joining the white 3 cult....
Old 03-20-2008, 01:39 AM
iLLM3
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FRED you are a sick fug, when in the hell did you go to a 3.8?!? Damn, big congrats...

I'm also working on a feature for my GT2, they featured my supercharged M3 a while back, so we might do this
Old 03-20-2008, 01:41 AM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by iLLM3
FRED you are a sick fug, when in the hell did you go to a 3.8?!? Damn, big congrats...

I'm also working on a feature for my GT2, they featured my supercharged M3 a while back, so we might do this
LOL Fred hasn't done that... "yet". One always wants develop stuff on our cars first. Test, test, test...
Old 03-20-2008, 04:28 AM
03-turbo911
Three Wheelin'

Looking forward to reading the issue.
Congratulations guys!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sharkster
3.8L? What 3.8L... LOL! Once the it's been on store shelves for a while I'll be sure to fill you guys in on all of it. They've got some pictures, descriptions and results of how the whole project went. I know Fred, JWGT2 and Snowboarder54 are the only ones thus far to have driven it so you can always ask them.

UPDATE: Gotten a few Emails on the 3.8 stuff, yes we will release the full kit and I'll have a full write up on the guts of the motor etc.. but only after the folks at MLE have their play with it. The results were encouraging for sure (displacement is a wonderful thing as they said) on 91 and 93 octane. It was/is a fun project and the plan is to do 3 local cars first (we've got about 5K on Kermit as of now) as well as EVO doing two out in AZ and then go live. We tried everything we could to get power out of this car and honestly it's very tough indeed with bolt-ons to get anything. We tried several differnt configurations with after-market headers/cats but the stock headers really are a cut above the rest and in some cases we lost power on the dyno while tuning. Let's face it NA-tuning is a lot harder than the TT side. With a TT it's not really that hard to make power by designing an exhaust set up that's more free-flowing, has less back-pressure etc... You'll get quicker spool/more boost and hence more power. Borrowing on our experience building TT motors (especially 3.8s) we felt the best way to eke out real hp and torque was with motor-work.
When i first saw that i was like, 3.8L... huh? Ut O' they must have made a "bad" typo.

That's awesome Shark! Now i'm really going to be pullin for a test ride!
Old 03-20-2008, 01:45 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Looking forward to reading the issue.
Congratulations guys!
Thanks Khalid, sorry we couldn't get three black/orange on there
Old 03-21-2008, 09:49 PM
mr997
Advanced

fred, who did the striping for you?

Quick Reply: Luxury Modified Exotics Teaser (3 GT3RS on the Cover!!)